INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: zone toolbar buttons?  (Read 1018 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
zone toolbar buttons?
« on: December 13, 2004, 06:55:06 pm »

Are there any plans for MC11 to provide a way to switch zones via the Toolbar?   Or in the playerbar area?

It would be very handy to have a pop-up menu for selecting zones as well as buttons for each zone that's been setup.

I'd really like to be able to just hit a button and have the active zone changed. 

Right now all I can do is put a Player button on the toolbar and click my way into the menus. 

milknkukis

• World Citizen
  • Crumbs!
Re: zone toolbar buttons?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 09:49:35 am »

I'm not sure which toolbar you mean so i might be teaching my grandmother to suck eggs here, but here goes. Do you know that right clicking on DSP-Studio gives a quick way to switch zones? The other option is Ctrl+T, but if you are like me the keyboard is always on the other side of the room when you need it....
hope that helps
cheers
mark

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 02:31:39 pm »

The goal here is to be able to hit a single button via touchscreen to change the zone.

The toolbars at the top and bottom can have buttons added to them.  It'd be handy to have a button for changing zones.  Perhaps more than one button to deal with situations with more than just two zones.  A "next zone" and "prev zone" button would probably suffice instead of getting into one button per zone.   When there's only two zones a next or prev is the same as a toggle.

That and there's no (reliable) way to right-click while using a touchscreen.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 11:46:49 am »

It's called NetRemote... You can run it locally, on the same computer as you're running MC.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 11:39:27 pm »

It's called NetRemote... You can run it locally, on the same computer as you're running MC.

That's a pretty weak answer.  Why bother forcing use of another program when this is something MC should provide itself?  I'm all for using NetRemote (and do on three other remote machines) but it seems rather stupid to use it on the main console, especially for soemthing this trivial.
Pages: [1]   Go Up