INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMA Lossless bug?  (Read 1523 times)

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
WMA Lossless bug?
« on: December 19, 2004, 08:26:51 am »

Is this the way it is supposed to work or a bug?

Have an album in WMA lossless format. Wanted to transfer to iPod. When I tried the first time it said "error 1 file" that was it. No files were transferred. When I tried a second time, I got the Media Core error. Can I not transfer these files in this format to the iPod?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WMA Lossless bug?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 08:50:58 pm »

You probably know that it wouldn't play on an iPod.  Why are you trying to transfer it?

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 08:43:45 am »

Well, now that you say that and I think for about 5 seconds, that seems awfully obvious, but I had forgotten. Duh...  So, I suppose the real question is why the one song that did transfer went at all (that's rhetorical).

I really like having all my music on the computer and not having to devote so much space in my house to CDs. However, all this BS about file formats and restrictions on what you can play how many times and where is about enough to make me go back to buying CDs, with which I can do whatever I darn well please. It's not like it's actually cheaper to buy music electronically, unless I really only want one song instead of the whole album. . .

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 09:24:39 am »

Well, now that you say that and I think for about 5 seconds, that seems awfully obvious, but I had forgotten. Duh...  So, I suppose the real question is why the one song that did transfer went at all (that's rhetorical).

I really like having all my music on the computer and not having to devote so much space in my house to CDs. However, all this BS about file formats and restrictions on what you can play how many times and where is about enough to make me go back to buying CDs, with which I can do whatever I ** well please. It's not like it's actually cheaper to buy music electronically, unless I really only want one song instead of the whole album. . .
A- Not MC's fault that the iPod doesn't play all formats.
B- Some CDs can't be ripped at all, and more like them are coming.

I'd agree that if MC is doing a 'sanity' check it should be consistent. But I'd also say that you should know your equipment.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 12:11:32 pm »

Uhm, and you should read people's messages before you criticize them.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 12:17:25 pm »

MC should check the format, if not in the correct format change the format, and upload it.

if it does not do that or have an option for that then it should.

if i am not mistaken there is an option to convert when sent to a portable.

but again it should not push a non supported format to a device that does not support that format.

I rather think thats a MC problem, then A user "head space and timing" problem (a bit of military lingo there for all the 50 cal users out there).
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2004, 12:27:52 pm »

Yea, I'm sure in previous versions, it would just not transfer incompatible formats. ('cause I'd forget and at the end of the sync, I'd get a list of a few files that didn't transfer because they were the wrong format). So that is some bug.

I wish -- I'd love it if I could tell MC to only convert incompatible formats (in my case, primarily a few WMA files). I can tell it to NOT convert files in the same format as I'm converting to, but since I usually transfer both mp3 and mp4 files and want to keep those in their formats. . . Sometimes getting software to be customized to my exact needs and desires is not so easy  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up