INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Griffin RoadTrip or DLO Transpod?  (Read 1968 times)

packyb

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Griffin RoadTrip or DLO Transpod?
« on: December 20, 2004, 01:32:15 pm »

My car has a tape deck, but I am considering getting the Griifin RoadTrip or the DLO Transpod for using my iPod in rental cars that don't have tape decks. Good or bad idea?

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
Re: Griffin RoadTrip or DLO Transpod?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 05:56:48 pm »

Do you do that a lot (rent cars)? It could be a pain in the butt with the Griffin. These things only work as well as you can find a clear channel in whatever area you are in. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and had a Griffing iTrip but dumped it 'cause I could never get a clear enough station for it to really work. Besides, when it did work, the sound quality was noticeably inferior to using a cassette adapter.

The Griffin lets you/requires you to put the frequencies you want to use on the iPod and then select one to use, then tune your radio to that one. To do this once for where you live isn't hard. But to change it all the time could be a nuisance.

I think the DLO works on one frequency and that's it, no choice. So, it will work where it does but not where it doesn't.

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 12:53:33 am »

I think the DLO works on one frequency and that's it, no choice. So, it will work where it does but not where it doesn't.

No, it's supposed to be very flexible about your frequency choice--see here.  The transpod looks to me to be one of the better FM transmitter solutions,  but I don't have any actual experience.  There are several threads over at the ipodlounge you might find helpful.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 12:41:49 pm »

yes, for that reason alone, if I were to get one of these, I'd go with the DLO -- functionally it will be WAY better when you are actually driving around.
Pages: [1]   Go Up