INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple Media Servers?  (Read 884 times)

Eccles

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mostly harmless.
Multiple Media Servers?
« on: December 23, 2004, 03:40:52 pm »

My wife and I share common data storage on our file server, but we have somewhat disparate tastes when it comes to what we want to hear from our library.  So I was wondering if it would be possible to run multiple instances of the Media Server, each on a different port, and each serving up a different Library based on the common storage.

And taking the idea one step further, would our TiVo see both servers at the one IP address (if multiples are in fact possible)?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Multiple Media Servers?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 04:03:10 pm »

Multiple media servers are not possible. You could experiment with views/smart lists/playlists to choose only the music you want out of a combined library...

j

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Multiple Media Servers?
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 04:05:04 pm »

Or what I do at home: I use rating 1 for music I don't want to hear, 2 for old fogie music, 3 for  young punk music, 4 for the stuff I want to hear a lot, and 5 for new stuff I need to hear to decide what kind it is. Then I make a smart list to make a mix of the above to listen to. You could do something similar, using one rating for you, one for your wife, and one for both.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up