INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kudos on the hand-held support  (Read 1475 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Kudos on the hand-held support
« on: December 24, 2004, 07:12:18 am »

Just like to say that I am impressed with the portable device subsystem in MC.

I selected 5000 tracks and they transferred up flawlessly in over an hour.   What was even more impressive was that MC was intelligent enough to create the destination folder structure first before copying the files which (as you may/may not know) increases the startup times on the iRiver H series.   I went from 22s to 11s

Again, well done.

Now if you are looking for ideas for enhancements how about the ability to indicate which tracks/albums in your MC library are already on a device.   Then allow a user to remove the tracks.

Sound like a good idea ... or is it already there?

SteveG

Re: Kudos on the hand-held support
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 09:33:15 am »

RhinoBanga,

When you sync to a device, if a track is on the device, it should not be resent during the sync (assuming that the 'Name, Artist, Album, Genre, and Track Number' are all the same on the PC and on the device.

Steve

PS thanks for the kudos.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2004, 07:43:38 am »

When you sync to a device, if a track is on the device, it should not be resent during the sync (assuming that the 'Name, Artist, Album, Genre, and Track Number' are all the same on the PC and on the device.

But that doesn't really help to identify what's on there and what isn't.   I have 5000 tracks on my device, out of a possible 9000 in my main library.   I think it would be usefull to provide some soft of visual clue when browsing thru your main library as to what you already have on a device.   At the moment I have to keep scrolling up and down a very large treeview.

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004, 04:46:27 pm »

Good point. This would be good to add in the future.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up