INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: audible.com files won't import any more  (Read 2164 times)

mxnmatch

audible.com files won't import any more
« on: December 24, 2004, 04:09:45 pm »

I am using Media Center 9.1 and have always been able to import audible.com files into my library and then sync them to my ipod.

However, I recently downloaded some new audible.com files and none of them are seen by Media Center 9.1. It says 0 files found even though I fully downloaded 10 new files.

I have quite a few audible files that work just fine in Media Center 9.1, so I assume that audible.com changed their file format.

I haven't seen any discussion on the boards about audible.com (except one blurb where someone said it would be nice to have audible integration). I'd be happy to upgrade to the latest Media Center if it'll fix this, but there is no mention of audible in the change lists for the new versions.

Are there any plans to fix this? Is there any way I can force Media Center to just import those files even if it doesn't know how to play them? (That way I can at least sync them to my ipod.)

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: audible.com files won't import any more
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 03:26:57 am »

Same problem here.  I've been using Audible files with v10 for a long time but for some reason I can't seem to import the files into v11.  It doesn't even see the files when I display them thru the tree directory and If I just try to import them it fails with something about not being able to analyze the files.

Anyone have any answers to this?  Is this definitely something that hasn't been added to V11 yet?

Thanks
Tim

thtv01

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 03:39:30 am »

Never mind  ;)

I fixed my problem.  I had to install Audible's "AudibleManager" and it fixed my problem.  I am now able to import all of my .aa files into MC11.162.  I had AM imstalled on my old PC but not on the one that I was having the problem on.

mxnmatch, do you have AudibleManger installed?  if not then give it a try.

Thanks
Tim

mxnmatch

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 02:06:05 am »

Yes. I have AudibleManager 4.0 installed. How did you download audible files before if you didn't have AudibleManager? I've always used it to download the files and then I imported them into Media Center.

I just now tried to reinstall it, but it just opened up the current installation. I ran the AudibleManager update and installed the new Windows Media Player filters. That didn't help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up