INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hooking Headphone Jack to Line In on Head Unit  (Read 1323 times)

BadDog

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Hooking Headphone Jack to Line In on Head Unit
« on: December 26, 2004, 10:21:04 am »

Using the correct adapters can one hook the headphone jack output of a Creative Labs Zen Xtra to the line in on a car stereo?  Is the electrical spec going to be the same?  I could use either or to adjust volume if it makes a difference.

Head unit in question is a Blaupunkt San Jose MP41 and uses an adpater cable such as this;
http://www.continentalimports.com/7607897093.html

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Re: Hooking Headphone Jack to Line In on Head Unit
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 04:42:57 pm »

I'm doing similar with my Zen Xtra and the Blaupunkt in my wife's car (I think its an MP3000?).  Though the wife's Blaupunkt has two RCA jacks for the line in instead of the dedicated connector in your photo.  BTW, you have to crank the sound up much higher on the Blaupunkt for the Zen than for the CD or radio, but that may just be something specific to the MP3000 (it just occurred to me that there may be some setting in the MP3000 menus to adjust the line in level....).

[Edit]  I just realized from the picture that you're probably talking about plugging in the MP3 player to where the CD changer normally would plug in.  I don't have any experience with that, but I do know that such an arrangement and such adaptors are common so you should be OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up