INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Music CD to blank CDR copy - How?  (Read 1020 times)

avmad

• Recent member
  • Just your run-of-the-mill music lover...
Music CD to blank CDR copy - How?
« on: October 26, 2002, 08:35:47 am »

Hello again,

I know I must be missing something because this seemingly simply and frequent process seems to hard.

What?

I just want to copy my CD collection onto blankd CDs.  Then I can carry the copies in my car and if they get damaged it doesn't matter so much.

I thought I might be able to use MJ (8+) to do this rather than Roxio Easy CD Creator.

Anyway, here's what happens:

1 .. When I select copy (rip) CD, MJ seems to automatically rip and convert (in my case to 320K MP3s)
2 .. If I already have this album encoded as MP3 in MJ, it duplicates all track entries in that album's folder

What do I think I want?

1 .. Copy (or maybe duplicate) a CD would be a one click deal and would only retain copies on the harddisk if I indicated multiple copies were needed.
2 .. It would rip the CD to a separate folder and then prompt to write out the whole CD to a blank CDR(W).

If it's simpler than this, please let me know.

Cheers!

-- >avmad

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Music CD to blank CDR copy - How?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2002, 12:19:07 pm »

MJ8 won't copy a cd directly from drive to drive I don't know about MJ9), it has to be ripped to the hardrive first.

When I select copy (rip) CD, MJ seems to automatically rip and convert (in my case to 320K MP3s)

Once you have the CD Copy dialog open, click on Options, then click on the Encoding icon and in the Encoder drop down list, choose "Uncompressed Wave".   Then, once you've used those wavs to burn a cd, delete them from the Media Library.

Rob

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2002, 01:52:54 pm »

Roxio (and I suppose all of the others, too) does that anyway. It makes a wav file and then deletes it.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

Darwyn

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2002, 02:59:05 pm »

I like to use Clone CD for duplicating CDs.

http://www.elby.ch/

Since most CDs now contain a 2nd session with Multimedia this program will retain both the audio and the additional data files.

~ Darwyn
Pages: [1]   Go Up