INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.166 Alpha Available  (Read 2908 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.166 Alpha Available
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:44:55 am »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110166.exe

Recent Changes

11.0.166 (1/5/05)

1. Fixed: Maximizing a window could show an in-between state for a split second.
2. Fixed: Theater View was disabled.
3. Fixed: Playback of image, audio, and video together at once was not working as expected.

11.0.165 (1/5/05)

1. Fixed: Help > About... was not functioning. (introduced in 164)
2. Fixed: Mini-View "Inactive Transparent" option could take multiple clicks to enable / disable.
3. Changed: MP3 Encoder VBR no longer listed in MC 11 when MC 10 is installed.
4. Fixed: Encoder 'Quality' selection list changes were not always being saved properly.
5. Changed: Added a few tweaks to reduce database I/O in a few areas.

11.0.164 (1/4/05)

1. Fixed: MC would crash when accessing TV features if the TV control could not be created. (instead of showing an error)
2. Fixed: Mini View "Always on Top" option was not working properly.
3. NEW: Added extra warning dialog to delete / recycle options when erasing files. (has "Do not ask again" option)
4. NEW: Added "Eject" functionality to CD / DVD drive right-click menu.
5. Fixed: Sizing columns to 0-width would display a warning, but not snap the column back to a valid size.
6. Changed: Enabled / disabled interface plugins are stored per-user instead of per-install.
7. Fixed: During synchronization to portable devices, incorrect files were being added from playlists if they were updated between syncs.
8. Fixed: When starting playback, MC could flash to and from a wait cursor several times.
9. Fixed: 'Reset detected devices' for Portables will fully clean the registry and reset it for new device detection.
10. Changed: Server plug-ins unloaded when not in use. Note - Server plug-in options must be reset.
11. Changed: TV channel scanning interface is improved.
12. NEW: All split views start at the same location as the main view.  When spawning a new view while running, they clone the first view.
13. Fixed: Thumbnails from internal for videos or internal cover art could be blank or mismatched in some cases. (use Options > Tree & View > Erase All Thumbnails... to correct)

11.0.162 (12/23/04)

1. Fixed: The mouse pointer would not auto-hide in Theater View.
2. Fixed: Media Mode toolbar buttons wouldn't highlight right away after a click.
3. Fixed: MC will not try to initialize 'Ignored' portable devices.
4. Changed: Additional modifications to improve synchronization to Portables.
5. Fixed: Bug which was preventing Last Played and Rating info from correctly synching from iPod to PC.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts could get run twice in a row in some cases.

11.0.161 (12/22/04)

1. Fixed: Right-click synchronization for iPod was broken.
2. Fixed: Some toolbar buttons / menu commands would be wrongly disabled. (media modes, etc.)

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.165 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 01:33:52 pm »

Highlight a bunch of tagged files, hit F2 to rename genre and the cursor goes to the home position with an unhighlighted field. This used to be a highlighted field with any immediate typing wiping out the previous field input automatically. Shouldn't it be this way now, or did I miss some deep discussion about changing this?

Data Disc burning option for "CD/DVD File naming" -> "Prefix List Order To Filenames" still bugged. It works once upon a new start-up of MC, any changes beyond that and it's all 1's baby!

BBN

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re: Media Center 11.0.166 Alpha Available
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 01:40:55 pm »

Minor Cosmetic Bug:
Drill down to File Properties in the Action Window, then click the back arrow.  A scroll-bar flashes for a second on the right while the main Action Window is redrawn.  Seems to happen throughout the Action Window.

It's amazing how much flashing items get your attention...

-John

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 04:35:31 pm »

The thumbnail messages were split to this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25381.0

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 05:21:52 pm »

12. NEW: All split views start at the same location as the main view.  When spawning a new view while running, they clone the first view.

1) When splitting into 2 views from "playing now" view with a shown display area, the display area from the upper view does not work. Its a area that will not be refreshed, looking very ugly.

2) As soon as you have split to more than one view, MC does some unfocus action every 2 seconds. That means when you select a field in the tag info window or in the detail view for changing it content, the field looses focus after 2 seconds.
Makes it to a kind of a fast sport to change tag content. :-)

Aldirt

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 12:11:11 am »

Hi, my track info display pops up or refreshs every 2-8 sec. Is this a bug or is it my system? I don`t know.
I have installed all new, but itīs the same.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
Playing Now- Track Info Focus
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 01:40:41 am »

I am in Playing Now and have Track Info:DJ showing.
MC has focus.
I move the mouse pointer away from MC completely.
Anytime the mouse pointer moves the lower scroll bar appears. Maybe that is why people think it is refreshing often.

Looks like MC doesn't see that the mouse is not inside its window.

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 06:03:02 am »

I already reported this for 11.0.162 :

the last few versions
'search for media servers' only works once...

If I stop/start the client MC once, it won't detect the media server anymore.
I have to go to the MC server pc and stop/start the plugin, then it works again once.

Marcel

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 08:50:32 am »

Closing MC takes sometimes an eternity (about 15-18 seconds) with a lot of disk activity going on and a mediacenter.exe background process running all this time, while the GUI already disappeared from the desktop. This even happens if you just start MC and then close it right away without playing anything.

On other times it closes immediately. This happened during the last 3 or 4 versions.

Also, MC11 in conjunction with G-Force running seems to crash more often than with other displays. In one case it even caused a system reboot.

Very difficult to determine some patterns.

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 09:32:41 am »

Closing MC takes sometimes an eternity (about 15-18 seconds) with a lot of disk activity going on and a mediacenter.exe background process running all this time, while the GUI already disappeared from the desktop. This even happens if you just start MC and then close it right away without playing anything.

I've noticed this quite a few times. I usually start up MC first thing in the morning and it's the last program to go before I shut-down at night. I typically close MC and then seconds later shut-down the system. This has become problematic as mediacenter.exe doesn't want to close properly as the system is trying to shutdown, and on a few occasions I had to force MC out and lose some changes to playlists and schemes, etc.

Bbn

Lui2

• Recent member
  • Typical MC User
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 03:19:37 pm »

Suggestion: save sort order when switching between list styles
I often switch between detail and tumbnail list style. In detail style I have changed the sort order by clicking on the headers of the columns. When i switch  to tumbnail style, the sort order is reset to default. When now switching back to detail style, the sort order there is also reset to the default order, set in the "custominze current view" window.

I would much more like when the current sort order of the detail style would be used as sort order for the tumbnail or tiles style when switching to them and would therefore not be lost when switching back to detail style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up