INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Realplayer  (Read 1443 times)

jkcanewton

• nothing more to say...
Realplayer
« on: July 08, 2003, 08:07:43 pm »

I'm having trouble with Media Jukebox playing Realmedia.  I'm sure it will but I have the file associations set to Media Jukebox and all the file associations in Realone set to Media jukebox.  Why is it that Realone still opens automatically when I click a realmedia file?  WMP files open great in Media Jukebox.  Thanks for your help in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Realplayer
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2003, 11:32:28 pm »

Try disabling the RealOne Active Start Center.

jkcanewton

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2003, 03:07:18 am »

I couldn't find the start center.  I'm using Realone, but there isn't a listing for a start center.  I disabled everything that I thought had to do with starting up with the computer, including disabling the the part that had to do with checking to make sure the file associations were intact with Realone.  I even went into startup to MSCONFIG to disable something in there that might be hidden, but found nothing.

Joe_F.

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2003, 04:59:12 am »

I have the same problem and there is no Start Center in the RP folder. I tried deleting RP and all mentions of it in the Registry, but it still won't play in MC9 latest edition, even after activating Media Scheduler and associating all Real Player media types exclusively with MC9.

Next to Musicmatch Jukebox, Real Player is the tackiest piece of force-fed software on the net.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2003, 11:43:17 pm »

Uninstall it and install RealPlayer.  There is a link here in the FAQ, I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up