INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable?  (Read 1252 times)

NY40Male

Disable?
« on: October 24, 2002, 01:52:30 pm »

Anyway To Disable Completely Or Maybe In Another Build To Have MJ Download Manager Completely Disabled?....Being A New Subscriber (GodBless 16 Different Email Accounts And 12 Different Credit Cards And I'm Back On Emusic) Now I'm Using Their Download Manager (I Find Nothing Wrong With It) But MJ Download Manager Keeps Wanting To Pop Up And Take Over Everything (Sorta Like Microsoft) And Being An Ideal Subscriber To Emusic (Cough Cough) I Only Want To Do The Right Thing And Use THEIR Download Manager
BUT MJ Download Manager Keeps Popping Up...(tsk tsk tsk) SO Any Help In Disabling The Monster?

NY40Male

Re: Disable?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2002, 02:01:18 pm »

After Writing This Post I Read Your Response (Jim) In The Emusic Thread And Wanted To Say Thank You For Working With Us On Resolving This Issue.  I Have Subscribed Again To Emusic Which For Now $20.00 A Month Between The 2 Accounts Should I Get Mine Original One Back Would Be Beneficial I Think..Download A Little From Each Account Doesnt Make It Look So Bad I Hope And $20.00 A Month Isn't Really All That Much Money....At The Record Store Its Only 1 Or 2 CD's And This Supposedly Is Unlimited Provided You Don't Lock Yourself In The Bathroom Before The Restaurant Closes And Then Sneak Out For More Food..

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2002, 04:40:28 pm »

With the grease leaking through your pockets.  It's hard to conceal a piece of ham or a turkey leg.

Glad you're back.

NY40Male

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2002, 04:53:46 pm »

I Did It By Opening A New Account Jim.. I Still Want My Old One Back Tho..I Don't Mind Keeping 2 Accounts....Any Way To Completely Disable MJ's Download Manager Tho..So That Emusic Wont Take ...

blackimp

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2002, 03:39:40 pm »

I would just rename your Download Manager.exe in JRiver directory to Download Manager.exe.off I had to do it for media scheduler to keep the file associations without it popping up, works fine so far. But you'll have to rename it again when you update.

Charlemagne 8

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2002, 06:07:09 pm »

EMusic's Download Manager is pretty cool except for two things:
1.  It will only download one track at a time
and
2.  It will not automatically import what it downloads into MJ.

The first is not a problem if your bandwidth is maxed out by downloading but the second is kind of a pain and will become more so as your library grows ... unless you create new directories regularly and import from those.

There is a third that is purely personal preference:
I would rather use MJ for everything related to computer oriented music.

CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

NY40Male

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2002, 06:29:15 pm »

1) Never Gave Renaming A Thought..Thanks
2) Rather Import Them Myself To Have "Control"
Over What Happens...(The X Said I Always Wanted
Cotrol)

zevele10

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2002, 11:39:05 pm »

The big problem with EmusicDM is that if you close your computer,you lose all the queue in the download manager.

NY40Male

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2002, 04:34:43 am »

This Computer Which Has All Of My Music (1700 Albums So Far) Is Never Off...That Way I Have It Setup To Access My Music Where Ever I Am.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up