INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zen Micro Issues  (Read 2723 times)

dduvall

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Zen Micro Issues
« on: January 06, 2005, 10:00:23 pm »

Hi,

I picked up a Creative Zen Micro a couple of days ago and really like it so far, but am having a few issues between it and MC 11 that I could use some help with.

I'm using MC 11.0.167 and Zen Micro Firmware 1.1.3 (v2 was released in the last few days, but several people have reported problems, so I'm holding off a bit on the upgrade).

• I created two small playlists of two .ape files each and set the handheld options to enable conversion (to MP3) during upload.  The tracks convert and upload fine, but the playlists themselves didn't transfer.  This was the case whether I used the Action Window > Handheld or right clicked on the playlist and did a Send To > Devices
  • If I repeat uploading the same two playlists, the 4 tracks transferred again, creating duplicates on the Micro.  Maybe I don't have an option(s) set correctly to prevent duplicates on the Handheld?
  • If I click on "All Content" under Handheld in the MC Tree, it only sees that the Micro has 541.8 MB total with 512.1 MB free.  Zen Micro's Media Explorer software correctly sees that the player has 5GB total

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Zen Micro Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 09:28:43 am »

David,

MC is not installing the correct plugin so you are using the generic WMDM connection to your Micro which is why you do not have playlists. I have updated the internal database file in MC to be compatible with the Zen.

The bottom line... the next version should install the correct plugin and this should all work. When you expand the Zen in the tree, if you see a tree item for 'Playlsits' you will no that it is working. If not, let me know and I will tweak this more to make sure everything is as it should be.

Thanks,

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 10:24:27 am »

Thanks Steve!

I'll check it out after the next build is out and let you know.

David

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005, 08:18:35 am »

Steve,

Based on the timing of your reply and the posting of 11.0.168, I'm not sure if the internal database update was included in that revision or not?  If it was, I'm still getting the same results I did with .167.

Thanks,
David

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 08:08:17 am »

David,

Can you go to Tools->PluginManager->Handheld and look for 'Nomad Jukebox' and tell me what version you have installed of the Nomad Jukebox plugin?

Thanks,

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 04:45:58 pm »

Steve,

The plugin isn't showing there at all.  I had previously downloaded it and did so again today when I didn't see it, but it still doesn't show up.  The only tracks I see is that there is hh_nomadjukebox.dll in Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\Plugins.

I do have a plugin titled "Portable Drives" and it is version 11.0.20.  Also have WMDM at 11.0.5.

Just to be safe, I also reinstalled MC 11.0.168 and rebooted, but that didn't change anything.

Thanks,
David

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 09:28:25 am »

David,

Can you post exactly how the Zen Micro is reported in the MC tree?

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 09:38:08 am »

Steve,

I will confirm when I get home this afternoon, but I am 99% sure it is - - - Creative Zen Micro (Laura)

Thanks,
David

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 04:40:11 pm »

Confirmed

Creative Zen Micro (Laura)

Thanks,
David

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 05:02:45 pm »

David,

The current MC 11 build is not installing a file called PDT.xml correctly which is what it needs to install the correct plugin. I will email you the correct file and for anyone else with the Zen micro, the next build will fix this.

Thanks,

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 05:55:29 pm »

Steve,

Adding the .xml file seems to have loaded the plugin as PLAYLISTS now shows under the Creative Zen Micro tree.

Unfortunately, the tracks transfer, but the playlists still don't.

I emailed you a screen shot so you can see what I'm getting.

Thanks,
David

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 09:50:33 am »

David,

How are you transferring the playlists? Try drag and dropping the MC playlist onto the action window, or use the 'Synchronization' button and then the playlsits and files should show up.

Steve

dduvall

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 05:44:23 pm »

Steve,

Even though the PLAYLISTS tree item was showing under the Zen Micro tree, I still didn't have the Nomad plugin under Plugin Manager > Handheld.

So, I did a complete uninstall & reinstall on MC11 and then placed the new XML file in the Data Resources folder.  I plugged the Mico in, MC saw it and auto-downloaded the plugin, which now showed up under Plugin Manager.   ;D

I used the Action Window > Handheld > Synch button on my two test playlists and it worked perfectly.  Both are visible under the Micro tree as well as on the Micro itself.

Great support!  Thanks for getting me going!
David

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 09:42:21 pm »

Steve,
Just got the Zen Micro (ZM) for my daughter and did some brief testing with 11.0.73.

The plug-in installed automatically and the ZM was visible in the tree.  :D  I took a Playlist and used Drag and Drop and moved it to the Handheld Player window.  Next I clicked Transfer.  This moved the songs, but not the Playlist to the ZM. 

On my next test, I used the Sync button and selected the Playlist to transfer.  This worked as expected.  The songs and the Playlist itself moved to the ZM,

When I tried to close MC with the ZM still connected to the computer, I got a MediaCore crash.

Also, MC froze when I disconnected the ZM from the PC and had the tree open with ZM details showing. 

SteveG

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 01:17:41 pm »

Bullishdad,

Can you go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld->Nomad Jukebox and verify that plugin 11.0.10 is installed?

If not, this is the problem.

In regards to the drag and drop of the playlist, drag and drop the playlist onto the Zen Micro in the tree and then transfer the files using the action window if you want the playlist to go. I can modify this to work for the playlist drop on the action window as well. Or, use the sync.

I can not duplicate the crashes. What did you use for drivers for the Micro?

Thanks,

Steve

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 06:27:35 pm »

Steve,

Under Tools->Plugin Manager->Handheld  I have three devices (which I do own and use)
Dell Digital Jukebox 11.0.10
Nomad Jukebox 11.0.10   (I own the Nomad Jukebox 2)
Portable Drives 11.0.20
WMDM 11.0.05

As far as the drag and drop Playlist, that's up to you.  I just wanted to see if a playlist would transfer and based on one of your earlier posts, I thought it might work the way I tried.

The Zen Micro drivers were from Firmware 1.01.03

Thank you for supporting the Zen Micro.  I've been slowly teaching my daughter how to use MC.  I'm trying to raise her properly.
 ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up