INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Convert Format  (Read 858 times)

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
Convert Format
« on: January 09, 2005, 04:18:06 pm »

How can I convert all my .ape files to .mp3 while not affecting the original .ape files? And preserve all tags and exclude the new .mp3 files from MC’s database?

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Convert Format
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 04:47:04 pm »

Just select them all and then go to the Library Tools and convert them.  There's an option to not delete the original, and also even an option not to update the library if you don't want to. ;)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:09:56 pm »

Or set up a new library, cloning from the original, and do the same.  Try a few before you do very many to be sure you're preserving the original files.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 05:48:10 pm »

Thanks for the help. When I tried it before on a file I left the “update database” tic checked which gave me the appearance that the original had been converted. I assume as long as you tic “move to location” choose a different location, and leave the “send original file to the recycle bin” unchecked, that the original will remain intact. 

Omni

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005, 05:52:57 pm »

Yeah, if you choose not to delete the original but do enable library updating, you'll have two copies of the same track--but of different file type--in your library.

And if don't utilitize the "Move to Location" feature, then both tracks will be side-by-side in the same directory wherever the original was located.
Pages: [1]   Go Up