INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems using vob files in mc11  (Read 1174 times)

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
problems using vob files in mc11
« on: January 09, 2005, 12:36:58 am »

i am trying out the beta version of mc11 as i understand that it handles vob files.  however i am having trouble importing and playing vob files.  the files wont import using the 'import media' function in MC but will import if i right click on the vob file in windows explorer and import from this menu.  and at the moment no vob files are playing in MC, though they do play in Power DVD, MDVDP fine.  is there a particular codec i need for playing vob files in MC11, or is this a beta issue?

thanks

nick

Omni

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: problems using vob files in mc11
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005, 02:22:25 am »

I think something like this has been reported before, but I don't recall if it was for MC10 or MC11.  Maybe if you did a forum search for "vob mpg" you will find the thread(s).

As you might have just guessed, the workaround is to rename the "vob" file to an "mpg" file, e.g., change "video.vob" to to "video.mpg".

Of course, this is only a quick fix and not very ideal or clean. :(

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005, 05:38:46 am »

i tried renaming vobs to mpg or mpeg and this still didn't work.  the files are still recognised as 'dvd' files and i get the error message 'media centre encountered errors while trying to play the last several files.  error: unknown error.  please make sure the path in your media library points to the right direction.'

having done a search of threads on the 'vob' issue i was lead to believe that MC11 had solved the vob problem, so i upgraded from MC10 and there are still problems.  has anyone got any other ideas?

thanks

nick

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 11:24:03 pm »

I have no problems playing back vobs BUT you MUST select the first vob file in the sequence. For example, if you've ripped a dvd you'll typically have file some structure which consists of a .IFO file followed by a series of associated .VOB files. Try importing the first vob file in the sequence. This works for me. I do recall having some problems with using the gui window to do this so if it still doesn't import, just drag the file from explorer into MC.

Ray.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

nickharambee

• Galactic Citizen
  • doh!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 05:52:44 am »

i tried dragging the first vob file from explorer into MC11 as suggested, but while the vob file shows up in the media library, when i go to play it MC just skips over it until it finds a  file that it can play (an mpeg file).  vob files play fine using power dvd/mdvdp on my pc.

nick.

cfgreen

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2005, 09:16:28 am »

Try using the ext. Mv2 (*.Mv2)
Note make sure that you are seeing the the whole filename with ext. frome file explorer.

to enable visable file extions in Windows explorer

Tools, folder options, view
uncheck "hide extensions for known file types"
Pages: [1]   Go Up