INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound Recorder Volume Level Question  (Read 585 times)

molarman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smiling Increases Your Face Value
Sound Recorder Volume Level Question
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:30:57 pm »

I am using MC10 (build 161 I believe) and have just gotten ready to record my vinyl collection.  My turntable is conected to a receiver and I am using one of the tape monitor outputs on the receiver. 

When I have MC analyze the incoming volume level so that it will "auto set", it many times will tell me that the audio level is too low.  I am not sure why I would get this message as the turntable is going through the pre-amp on the receiver, so I am surprised that MC thinks the line level is too low.  The volume input "bars" on the sound recorder never get close to peaking as I record (I'd say they typically peak at about 50%-60%) but the audio quality seems good when I play it back. 

Should I just ignore the warning and turn MC's volume level to 100% and forget about it?  Should I take the patch cord to the headphone jack on the reciever allowing me then to increase the volume?  I would think that this is not the best idea.

Suggestions and help appreciated as I would like to get as high a quality recording as I can get with MC.

TIA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up