INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Win2k problem?  (Read 1116 times)

Helan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Win2k problem?
« on: January 12, 2005, 01:16:32 pm »

I'm using version 11.0165 on a Win2k server and have about 8000 songs in my database.

1, When importing new songs MC always locks up and i have to close down with Ctrl+Alt+Del and restart. (all songs "artist" - "songname".mp3 on local drive)

2, Sudden unexpected crashes when deleting songs from MC (sometimes).

3, Very slow update og GUI (256 MB of ram) from minimized to maximized. Noticed the last 10 updates that it gets slower and slower. Shows first pane edges, then bit by bit it shows the entire window. What is the recommended free memory?

4, Crashes when importing video (mainly divX, AVI, MPG) I don't really know on what format or video it crashes, i't just does.

5, Analyze audio takes up to 98% of CPU, is that normal?

Exept from that, I love it.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Win2k problem?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 02:47:41 pm »

Please look at the import log in:
C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library\Logs

Then email the mp3 file that's causing the hang (last entry in the log before a hang) to matt @ jriver.com

Also, try turning off "Get images" on the advanced section of the import tool.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Helan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 03:25:53 pm »

Sorry Matt,
No such directory created and no logs on my computer, did a search and found nothing. I did turn of "retrieve album art" and that migh have helped.
Helan

Helan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 03:31:30 pm »

Sorry, my mistake. I did actually find the logfolder on another drive and most logs seem to end with "Getting cover art".
Helan

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 04:17:51 pm »

Helan

AS far as the slow screen updates, you may find that the machine doesn't have much video RAM, or a poor (or onboard) video card, seeing as how it's a server...if the machine has 256Mb of RAM, and onboard video, you will find that in the system BIOS it is usually possible to assign various amounts of system RAM to be used as video RAM, maybe this is set low (to avoid "stealing" too much systm RAM). If it has a seperate (AGP or PCI) video card, it may only have a small amount of memory. You can see how much video memory there is from the Display Properties / Settings tab / Advanced / Adapter tab.
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up