INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transferring preferences  (Read 848 times)

aaroncraig

• What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's all about?!
Transferring preferences
« on: January 13, 2005, 10:40:46 am »

I'm using Media Center 10.0 on three different machines.  Is there a way to transfer all of my preferences (i.e. views, schemes, skin choice, etc.) from one computer to another?  I have my main pc set up how I want it and I want to make the other two exactly the same.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Transferring preferences
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 12:06:47 pm »

View schemes are stored in the library so just copy the library files to the other pc's.  Settings are stored in the registry so export the registry to a .reg file, copy it to the desktop on the other pc's and double click it.  Playing about with the registry can cause problems so back it up (just create a .reg file in the same way) on the other PC's before doing this.  You should also back up the libraries on the other pc's before overwriting them.

Note that your library will point at your files on a local drive path rather than a UNC network path.  There are various ways to tackle this but it really depends what you want to be able to do, like whether you want to copy the files to your otehr pc's too, or whether you want to be able to edit tags remotely etc.  You need to give more info before advice can be offered on this.
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up