INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Install Problem  (Read 1243 times)

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
MC 11 Install Problem
« on: February 28, 2005, 08:57:12 pm »

Dear JRiver,

I've tried installing MC11 several times in the last two days.  It installs just fine, but when I run it, it tells me that the trial version has expired.  I swear to you that I had never before installed MC 11 before my first attempt 2 days ago.  Before that I had MC9 (registered and upgraded from a registered MJ8), but before installing MC11, I uninstalled MC9 (expecting I would buy it shortly after trying the demo).  Unfortunately, I can't evaluate the demo because it thinks it's been on my computer for more than 30 days (which it hasn't). 

To make matters worse, I can't even use MC9 anymore.  I uninstalled MC 11 so I could re-install my MC 9, but that same window (yes, the MC 11 trial expiration window) pops up.  It won't recognize my MC 9 registration key and it won't even restore from the web (because I think it thinks I'm still running MC 11 eventhough I removed it to re-install 9).   

Before you accuse me of having installed MC 11 for more than 30 days (as in my previous post) or if you believe I pilfered the copy of MC 9 or MJ 8, be aware that I can send you both registration emails (MJ 8 and my MC9 upgrade confirmations) that I received when I bought them originally.  You can probably also check your IP logs for my computer and know that my first download attempt of MC 11 was 2 days ago. 

I'm very frustrated, and I can't employ more time to resolve this issue.  All I wanted to know is if the new version would work my Karma to my satisfaction.  If so, I was prepared to pay the upgrade cost for MC 11.  I plead for your assistance.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC 11 Install Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 09:17:51 pm »

Please use the forum message service or I think you have my email (and I'll gladly provide my phone number) if it will help resolve this problem more expediently.
Thank you,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 09:20:46 pm »

I'm sorry for your problem, but I don't know the answer.  The best advice I can give is to un-install all copies of MC.  Then check your program files/jriver directory to be sure they are gone.

Then reboot and re-install either MJ8 or MC9.  Then relicense.

Go step by step and report the results before going on.

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:13:46 am »

I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight, but it will be very late.  Let's say I go through the steps you've outlined, and I get MC 9 installed.  How should I go about  trying out CM 11? 
Also, what if MC 9 won't register still?  I ask this second question, because in my hours of tying, I remember rebooting after each install/uninstall to see if it would make a difference.  It didn't, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:30:45 am »

If MC11 tells you the trial is over with it may continue to tell you it is over.

if so there is no way around that short of formating the drive and re-installing windows.

IMHO: it is better than MC9
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 10:52:33 pm »

Yes!
MC 9 is now installed and registered!

But I would still like to try MC 11.   Any suggestions (formatting my drive or a winXP reinstall is not an option).  Thank you!

pocket

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 10:55:42 pm »

Or, can I buy the upgrade without having MC11 installed first?
Pages: [1]   Go Up