INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hooking up an MC computer to my home audio - problems and questions  (Read 848 times)

pclivingood

• Recent member

I have a computer in the living room running MC10.  I recently put a Turtle Beach Catalina sound card in the computer so I could use an optical cable to attach the sound card output to the tuner and speakers already in the living room (a decent 5.1 setup we have for watching TV and DVDs with a Sherwood tuner).  I had been using MediaJukebox, but I realized that MC10 had some features that definitely made the upgrade worth it, including the option to switch the volume control to Internal Volume and the digital output options in the DSP Studio.

I am tweaking the settings, and I have a few questions.

First, I am fairly unhappy with the level of bass I am getting.  My living room system has a JBL 10” subwoofer, and almost none of the bass is getting directed there.  Even when I crank up the bass levels in the DSP studio, not much bass is being directed to the subwoofer.  This is not an inherent problem in the system… playing DVDs on the computer with the PowerDVD program certainly sends out plenty of bass.  Any suggestions?

Second, does MC 11 add any features to the Output Format settings in the DSP studio?  I would love to be able to tweak the settings for how MC mixes a stereo MP3 to a 5.1 stream.  Currently it focuses a lot of the sound on the center speaker.  I would love to assign the right channel sound to come out equally from the right front and rear speakers and the left channel sound to come out equally from the left front and rear speakers with the center speaker doing nothing.  (And for sitting at the computer, which is along the right-hand wall of the room it would be even better to send the right channel audio out to the front speakers and the left channel audio to the rear speakers).  Are there any tools to do this in MC 10 or 11?  Or any suggestions for improving the audio from people that might have this kind of set-up?

bebop

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Hooking up an MC computer to my home audio - problems and questions
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 10:50:46 am »

Try this board:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=10.0

There are a few discussions about Home Theatre PC set ups there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up