INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 devices: root folder? space to leave free?  (Read 1734 times)

olilan

• Recent member
MC11 devices: root folder? space to leave free?
« on: February 02, 2005, 06:25:30 pm »

Hi all.

MC11 is looking good.  But one thing I can't seem to find is the option from MC10 to select the root folder of a device or drive.  This was really useful for me as my CF card is used for my pocketpc so has lots of non-music on it.  Does this option still exist?

Also very useful would be an option to leave a certain amount of space on the drive - again, as my drive isn't just used for music, I like to leave a few megs for saving stuff.  Is this possible?

Thanks,
Oli.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC11 devices: root folder? space to leave free?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 04:19:46 am »

I can access the root folders from MC tree > Drives & Devices. Do you mean something else?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

olilan

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 05:02:28 am »

Yeahm I mean specifying the root folder into which JRiver will copy music on synchronization.  In MC10 I could use this option to specify say the MyMusic folder so synched and transfered music would appear in MyMusic\something.

Oli.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 05:59:28 am »

I think it is possible. I have a folder on my local HD, which is defined as HH. The folder path is E:\HH\Music\. MC creates the "Artist\Album" subfolders in that folder during the copy process. Have you checked the options carefully?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

olilan

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 06:20:55 am »

Ah, is that using the 'configure remote and fixed drives for detection' option?  Yes, that's good for fixed or removable drives, as it lets you chose a certain path to be the device, so to speak.  But I want to do this for my pocket PC. 

There seem to be less options for actual devices rather than drives - any idea if folder structure can be set for these?

Thanks,
Oli.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 06:42:51 am »

I can use my CF cards as removable drives. I have used a separate CF reader, a CF adapter for the PCMCIA slot on my laptop and my Epson R300 photo printer, which has memory card slots. Even my Olympus digital camera shows up as a removable drive when it is connected by USB cord.

How do you connect with the card? Doesn't it show up in Windows Explorer as a removable drive?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 06:57:44 am »

Check the Action Window when you transfer.  Options can be set there.

olilan

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2005, 01:39:05 pm »

Thanks for the reply, JimH, but I can't see any option to set the root directory for a PocketPC in the options in the sync window (and the window titled Action Window doesn't seem to offer any options).  I can get to Handheld options where I can choose playlists etc., but not set root directory or set a disk space limit.

Never mind, I'll use a card reader instead, then I can as Alex B said set a directory. 

I would love to be able to set a disk space limit though so I can always have say 100Mb free on the card.  Is this possible, or if not, what do the devs think about it as a suggested feature?

Thanks,
Oli.
Pages: [1]   Go Up