INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Evaluation Problem  (Read 1039 times)

Delboy

Evaluation Problem
« on: April 26, 2006, 04:17:40 am »

Fairly certain I know where this question will lead but having installed Media Center v11.0 I found sufficient problems with that release that purchasing could not be justified.

However the product really does seem to offer the best available feature set in the market today, my problem is I am not going to waste US$40 on the assumption there are no major issues in integrating the product into my home infrastructure.

The latest release 'seems' to have solved the majority of my earlier issues but the evaluation period has expired and unlike some suppliers who ignore previous version installations for evaluation installations Media Center does not ?

Help or do I just accept that this is the way it is provided and find an alternate product?
I can argue analogue but digital is black and white :-)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Evaluation Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 04:41:29 am »

You could try it on another PC. 

Delboy

Re: Evaluation Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:30:54 am »

Emmm thanks for the quick response, sort of helps:-)

Seriously though if the developers think about it permanently limiting an evaluation to one release is counter productive. There is software out there which will not enable the next incremental release to be installed but will permit a later version.

Shame in terms of solution for myself because although I run a fairly complex home environment I do not have a spare PC on which I want to install an application for review. I will probably virtualise an XP instance and run it that way, but this may introduce its own problems which might be counter productive.

Final thought - I have no problem in throwing AU$40 away but US$40 starts to become painful downunder as it moves it from the 'low cost' to 'need to consider' AU$60-70 market.
I can argue analogue but digital is black and white :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up