INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DFX 7 for Media Center in a separate window  (Read 1572 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
DFX 7 for Media Center in a separate window
« on: January 24, 2005, 07:41:46 am »

Hi,

I recently upgraded to MC 11.

I'm a registered user of DFX DSP Plug-in V.6 and tried to make it run on MC11 without success. I assumed that it was not compatible and therefore, I decided to download the new version 7 and paid for the upgrade (not yet received my activation code).

http://www.fxsound.com/dfx/index.php?vendor=0&subvendor=0&plus=0

Though V.7 works with MC.11, it runs in a separate window and not completely integrated into Media Center DSP, as Version 6 did on MC.10. In addition to that, I'm not even able to minimize it to system tray.

Just wanted to know whether:

1.- Do you know of a way to "integrate" DFX V.7 into MC.11's DSP instead of running it in a separate window?
2.- If what above is not doable... do you know of a way to minimize DFX V.7 to system tray?
3.- If none of the above is doable... has anybody achieved to run DFX V.6 with MC.11 ?? How did you do it??

Thanks for your time.

Omni

Re: DFX 7 for Media Center in a separate window
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 10:36:27 pm »

First, this is a DFX issue, not an MC 11 issue.  Someone else here (don't remember who -- do a forum search for "DFX") actually was in contact with them about it, and they were supposedly going to integrate it back into a internal plug-in window like it was before, but it hasn't happened yet obviously.

I guess we can't really blame them.  After all, technically, MC 11 hasn't even been released yet, so it's not unreasonable that MC 11 integration might be very low on their priority list.  :(

Anyway, I've been using DX7 and MC11 since last summer, and in all honesty, its minimizing to the taskbar is not really noticeable after the first day or two.  Besides, life's too short to sweat the small stuff.  8)

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
Re: DFX 7 for Media Center in a separate window
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 01:02:31 am »

Thanks for the info, Ommi.

Anyway, I've been using DX7 and MC11 since last summer, and in all honesty, its minimizing to the taskbar is not really noticeable after the first day or two.  Besides, life's too short to sweat the small stuff.  8)

Was using it all the afternoon-evening yesterday and know what? ... you're right on that... I almost forgot it was there  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up