INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASIO + DVD Playback  (Read 983 times)

acp

ASIO + DVD Playback
« on: January 25, 2005, 06:35:45 pm »

All,

After searching for a couple of hours, and not having any success(either I am blind, dumb and stupid, or the info simply isn't there), I can't tell:
 1. Is it possible to output DVD's audio to ASIO channels?
 2. If so how?

Cheers,
AP.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: ASIO + DVD Playback
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 06:44:01 pm »

DVD is played with DirectX.

You can pick the audio device in DVD playback options with MC. 

Some soundcards expose each set of output lines as a different device, which is really nice for this.  My M-Audio Audiophile 2496 does this, allowing me to route theater stuff out through SPDIF while routing music and games through phones on the analog output.  SoundBlasters and the AC97 motherboard soundcards I've used don't allow this.

It'd be nice if manufacturers listed this on their devices, because it's crucial if you want to do multi-zone output.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

acp

Re: ASIO + DVD Playback
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 07:32:07 pm »

As a backgrounder, I am running an EMU 1820M which supports up to 8 channels, but only via ASIO.  Only 2 Channels are supported via the WDM drivers (which frankly is rediculous, but anyway...). 

Thus I can edit, encode and play with 5.1 channel sound in Adobe Premiere Pro with ASIO, but once the DVD is compiled I can not watch the completed product in 5.1, and thus was hoping to use MC to output the audio to the ASIO channels (as it can do with other sound sources).

Cheers,
AP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up