INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A mouse movement outside the display area disturbs MC display  (Read 1807 times)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
A mouse movement outside the display area disturbs MC display
« on: January 28, 2005, 02:04:06 pm »

From 11.0.181 thread:

Can you please confirm that this is the normal behaviour even when the mouse is not moving exactly over the track info window but over any place in the display such as the tree, playing now list, etc.? If I'm not wrong, in MC.10 the mouse movement behave that way only when you were hovering the mouse over the trackinfo window, which, by the way,  I think is more logical.

Probably this issue is the same that I reported as the "flickering" effect in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25686.msg178227#msg178227

Thanks for your clarification on that.

When the mouse is hovered anywhere on the Windows desktop (even outside MC) the auto-hide system shows the Control Bar. It is not like that in MC10 and it wasn't like that in MC11 some months ago. It was much better when the Control Bar appeared only if the mouse cursor was hovered inside the display area. It is most disturbing when the audience is watching a slideshow or video on the secondary display (TV, projector, etc) and the PC operator is doing something using the primary display. The other options are not any better for undisturbed viewing.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: A mouse movement outside the display area disturbs MC display
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:17:08 pm »

The bars should only unhide if MC is the active app.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 05:43:04 pm »

It is most disturbing when the audience is watching a slideshow or video on the secondary display (TV, projector, etc) and the PC operator is doing something using the primary display.

Matt,

The PC operator is a DJ in this situation and uses MC. He/she might also do some tagging or other things with MC when the others are watching the display.

However, it was changed without any apparent reason. I have not seen any announcement about the change. What was wrong with the old system?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 06:02:39 pm »

We'll see if we can change this.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2005, 06:32:00 pm »

Thanks. I appreciate that.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2005, 03:28:30 am »

Behavior is still there in .190

I would like to see the bar simply removed. I do not think many users are changing the display so often it needs to appear automatically. And it is certainly distracting/annoying.

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2005, 05:40:36 am »

Yes I too would like an option to permanently remove the bars - especially now that right clicking on the display provides a menu with the same functionality!
Pages: [1]   Go Up