INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Updating tag fields??  (Read 836 times)

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
Updating tag fields??
« on: October 23, 2002, 04:52:23 am »

I have a database of music files that I would like to add info into, (such as genre, year, style, etc.), all the data that does not appear to have come from the lookups. If I start, and add info as time permits, is there a way to display only the files that have not been updated?? (so I will know what files are still to be done)
If you understand what I mean, please help!!
Thanks, Glen

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Updating tag fields??
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2002, 05:14:03 am »

The only way I can think of is to either set up a sort order (ascending) in options for one of those fields, or "show" the column titles for tags u want to edit, and then click on header to sort. With an ascending sort done either way, the files that have blank (unfilled) fields will be at the top of the Media Library list.

Xenno

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Updating tag fields??
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2002, 10:55:23 am »

You could create a Smartlist that would keep track of all the empty fields.

Right-click on Playlists and choose Add Smartlist and name it whatever you want.  When you select that Smartlist, on the right side of MJ near the top, you have two fields, Search & Summary.  At the end of  the Search field, there is a button that has 3 dots (...) on it. Click on it and choose Add Keyword.  From the keyword list choose the fields that you want to keep track of.  Since you want to track fields that are empty, the keywords should look like this, for example: genre="" album="" (those are quote marks with nothing inbetween them).

You might have to play around a little with the Year keyword to get it to sort the way you want it.  The Year field is not empty since MJ puts a 0 (zero) in it if you leave it blank, so if you set up the keyword year="0", you end up with any year that has a 0 in it being listed.

Anyway, all the info about Smartlists is in the MJ help.  As you play around with it, you'll start to realize how powerful it is.

Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up