INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to select which DVD filters to use? (Maybe in v11?)  (Read 1792 times)

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Any way to select which DVD filters to use? (Maybe in v11?)
« on: January 29, 2005, 10:32:58 pm »

Dear All,

I have a HTPC set up for playing music and DVDs.

For DVD playback I mostly currently use Zoom Player or TheaterTek (still playing about with both to see which I like more) - however I'd far prefer to use MC for this, as I already use it for all my music and video files.

TheaterTek came with the NVidia audio and video DVD codecs, and I also use ffdshow for post-processing (e.g. for resizing the picture to 1280x720 for display on my 16:9 projector)

Currently in MC V10 I can see the DVD Filters available, and can configure the active filters - but I can't control which filters will be used.  On my setup at the moment Media Center is using the NVidia Video codec (which is what I want), but it is using ffdshow for audio (which I don't want)

Also I'm not sure if it is using ffdshow for post-processing.

Is there any way I can control which filters will be used, and can I ensure ffdshow is being used as a post-processor?  Ideally I would love for this to be selectable in menus, as it is in TheaterTek and Zoom Player.

Thanks

Tom

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Any way to select which DVD filters to use? (Maybe in v11?)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 02:18:44 am »

Is there any way I can control which filters will be used
Short answer is no - not via MC anyway.

Download Graphedit :-
http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/graphedit.html

This will show you which filters are used for what and will confirm whether ffdshow is being used for your postprocessing.

To disable ffdshow as your default audio decoder, do this via the ffdshow config.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Re: Any way to select which DVD filters to use? (Maybe in v11?)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 10:49:02 am »

Thanks Ray!

So in essence does this mean that the choice of DVD filters is a system-wide setting and not specific to an individual application?

This would imply that I could set them via Zoom Player or TheaterTek and the same values would be used by MC.  ZP itself has a comprehensive graph editor - I'll give that a go

Thanks

Tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up