INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rebuild database from iPod not working  (Read 1684 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Rebuild database from iPod not working
« on: February 01, 2005, 06:42:52 pm »

Hi I was using v .173 (i think) and rebuilding from ipod database changed the info to show 0 files on the iPod.  the files are actually there, but MC shows no files on the iPod.  I upgraded to v .174 and this function worked fine.  Until today.  Now it is doing the same thing.  When I rebuild, it now shows 0 files on the iPod. 

I did this because iTunes accidentally opened when I connected the iPod (how do I tell iTunes to leave me alone?), and when I synched with MC the files are all there, but none of the playlists are on the iPod.  I tried to remove them from the synch, re-synch, then add them back and re-synch but they still didn't show up.

Then I deleted teh iTunesDB file from the iPod and re-synched, still not there.  Finally I deleted the DB file and rebuild from iPod, and now MC shows no files.

I REALLY don't want to have to initialize AGAIN and re-synch again today.

Any ideas?

I'm downloading the latest version, but I'm limited to dial up here in Mexico, so it's a 1 1/2 hour deal to download the new version.

Also, anyone know if I end up wiping and starting over, if the new replay gain settings in the new version will overwrite the files on the iPod or, will I have to wipe and re-synch AGAIN after I have the new version?

Thanks.
pretend this is something funny

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Rebuild database from iPod not working
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2005, 06:49:19 pm »

If you're using MC11, try the latest build.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 04:29:48 pm »

I did this because iTunes accidentally opened when I connected the iPod (how do I tell iTunes to leave me alone?)

In 'iPod Preferences', select 'Manually manage songs and playlists.

the files are actually there, but MC shows no files on the iPod.  I upgraded to v .174 and this function worked fine.  Until today.  Now it is doing the same thing.  When I rebuild, it now shows 0 files on the iPod.

Have you browsed to the F00-F19 files on iPod via Explorer to be sure they are there? Perhaps iTunes during its auto sync deleted files.

..if the new replay gain settings in the new version will overwrite the files on the iPod

No.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 05:39:14 pm »

thanks for the info Steve.

iTunes is set to manually manage songs.  I´ve checked it multiple times.  I´ve finally had to uninstall it.

I have checked that the files are on the ipod, via explored.  They are all there.  rebuild from ipod simply changes MC to indicate that there are 0 files on the ipod, but only 3.2 gb of space available on a 40 gb ipod.

Like I said above, it did this in v .173 and when I upgraded to v .174 the rebuild worked again, but last night v .174 didn´t work again.  I´m sure it´s some obscure wierd bug, but i thought you´d want to know.

I downloaded v .184 and finished uploading the remaining songs with that version.  I think you are telling me that I will need/want to reload all the songs for the replay gain to work on all the songs, is that correct?

Thanks!!
pretend this is something funny

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 02:41:41 pm »

I think you are telling me that I will need/want to reload all the songs for the replay gain to work on all the songs, is that correct?

Yes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up