INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replay Gain.. I am curious  (Read 1137 times)

Moto

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Replay Gain.. I am curious
« on: February 03, 2005, 04:03:36 pm »

? ???with all this replay gain talk lately i got curious and went over to MP3gains site to read a little up on the theory. I noticed that they mention MP3gain stores Analysis and Undo info in the MP3 file itself using APEv2 tag format. It also states that analysis for MP3 is only necessary once. So i am curious is this how we at MC10/11 have our tags for replay gain applied to the MP3 files? Also if for example if half the files on an Ipod have replay gain applied and the other half dont im assuming we could analyze the Pod files with MC, it would skip those analyzed already and apply analysis to those that need it ,and replay gain would be set for all files on the Pod. No synch needed? And at next synch with MC the newly analiesd Pod files would send ReplayGain info. back to MC. Is this a correct assumption? I am just a little curios(oranje) Thanks for any input.

Moto
Moto

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Replay Gain.. I am curious
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2005, 06:11:46 pm »

lso if for example if half the files on an Ipod have replay gain applied and the other half dont im assuming we could analyze the Pod files with MC, it would skip those analyzed already and apply analysis to those that need it ,and replay gain would be set for all files on the Pod. No synch needed? And at next synch with MC the newly analiesd Pod files would send ReplayGain info. back to MC. Is this a correct assumption?

This would not work at this time. This will be changing soon so that the Replay Gain setting will be stored on iPod (as opposed to the Replay Gain to iPod volume adjust conversion). 

Bendra

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 08:33:26 am »

This would not work at this time. This will be changing soon so that the Replay Gain setting will be stored on iPod (as opposed to the Replay Gain to iPod volume adjust conversion). 

Will that be true for MC10?

Moto

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 11:26:59 am »

Thanks Steve..So does this mean MC will be using the Sound check feature on the Iod?? Thanks for the work you guys...
                                                -Moto
Moto

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 08:12:35 am »

Bendra,

No, not for 10.

Moto,

It should. I will not know for sure until I implement it.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up