INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scanning cover art  (Read 875 times)

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
Scanning cover art
« on: February 09, 2005, 08:31:14 am »

Just upgraded to MC11 today, so apologies if this has been reported before.

I'm trying to scan cover art for one of the albums in my library.  I select the tracks in Media Library, right-click and select "Image/Get From Scanner".

The scanner TWAIN interface pops up and I scan my album.

When scanning is complete, however, MC loses focus, and upon returning focus to MC, I find my scanned image has been ignored.  It's not been saved to my Cover Art folder (which incidentally is not the default selected by MC on installation) and it's not been used for the album.  I can't find a way to get it to actually use, or even find, what I've scanned!

Any ideas?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Scanning cover art
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 08:34:27 am »

I'm not sure at all, but check the twain program's options for saving the file.

If you can't get it, you may be able to use copy and paste from your scanner program to MC.

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
Re: Scanning cover art
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 08:51:01 am »

Ah, now this is interesting.

The problem only applies for the group "Belle & Sebastian"....  if I try another group, or indeed change their name to "Belle and Sebastian", it works fine.

So I guess MC is having problems with the Ampersand.   Yet it's not a Windows thing (as Windows accepts filenames with ampersands in them)... can we chalk this up as an MC problem?

Incidentally, the scanner software is coming up using the Thunderstorm skin, which looks pretty ugly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up