INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11.0.193 - Substantial changes  (Read 1796 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
11.0.193 - Substantial changes
« on: February 10, 2005, 01:13:36 pm »

Everyone,

MC 11.0.193 (later today) will have some major internal re-structuring of the portable code.

The way files are queued is changed to always account for the files that will not be sent because they are already on the device. The retrieval of info from a device will only occur one time, so everything should be MUCH faster for devices with many files.

Also, people with skipping files should find that issue gone. The problem seemed to be in transferring files with network paths.

Having said all this, there may be some issues for a  little. Patience and feedback will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: 11.0.193 - Substantial changes
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 08:21:46 am »

Thanks Steve,

Keep up the great work....

Richard

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 02:16:01 am »

Steve,

Tried a synch with my old 3rd Gen Ipod and my new Ipod photo - both went beautifully.

It's now a quick, slick and accurate process. Superb! Outstanding work - I'm grateful - and I'm sure a lot of others are too.

Now if only my new Ipod photo hadn't been a "skipper" I'd be very happy...

John.

kpod

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 11:17:55 am »

John,
does 'Skipper' mean some of your songs are skipped on the photo whereas others play flawlessly? And those songs are not skipped on the 3g  or on the photo if synced via iTunes?

If so you're not alone: I experince this with a dozen songs on my 40 gb photo.  Steve got my iTunesDB to look after that. 11.193 did not help.

Klaus

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 04:43:59 pm »

Hello Klaus,

Yes - if I select a song on my new Photo the chances are no more than 50/50 that it will play that one or move to others in the playlist. Sometimes it starts with #2 or #3 or #4.

Also it "skips" songs as it goes through the playlist as well so that I'll be in #26 and only have heard 18 songs.

All the tracks work perfectly well on my 3rd gen Ipod - and the skipping occurs on all the playlists/songs I've transferred from MC. Haven't tried Itunes - only use MC.

Apple support say it must be a hardware problem and I'm taking the unit back to the Apple Store in London tomorrow for a replacement.

Sorry you've got the same problem - judging by the numbers of people complaining about this at the Ipodlounge forums it's something that affects every type of Ipod. Not an uncommon issue.

John.

benrad

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 07:02:38 pm »

I've noticed that with this build every time I connect my iPod (after MC11 is running) it will give the analyzing devices dialog, and stay there for a very long time. I typically have to kill MC and restart it, and then it works. Anyone else seeing this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up