INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center client commands?  (Read 1237 times)

silkshadow

• Recent member
Media center client commands?
« on: February 09, 2005, 07:57:11 am »

I searched the forums but my question is rather specific. I bought MC 10.0.173 and am setting it up as a client/server. What I want to do is on the client. What I'm looking for is a way to launch MC 10, have it not search for the server and not prompt to search for new media. I want it just to load empty. Then I want it to wait a specific amount of time, then connect to the server. I'd be happy to explain why if anybody wants to know. Ideally I'd like to do this via the command line. I searched both here:  http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/DevZone/MCCommands.html and http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/DevZone/CommandLine.html. If what I am looking for is there, I did not have enough skill to see it, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BTW, in the future, for this kind of question should I post it here or send a tech support request to J River? Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media center client commands?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2005, 08:31:00 am »

You could stop the import dialog by importing a single file into the client library.

You could manually connect to a library of your choice if you set it up in the Library Manager.

This is tech support for JRiver.  It's both users and staff.  Some of the users are way smarter than some of the staff.

silkshadow

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 10:39:01 pm »

Thanks JimH! Please bear with me, I am a MC newbie and I have two additional questions. First, obviously I am an idiot but what do you mean by
You could manually connect to a library of your choice if you set it up in the Library Manager.
?

Do you mean by selecting the "search for media servers"? Because thats what I've been doing (as per the manual) but it seems you are saying there is a better way and I would, please, really like to know how?

Second, the thing is, even if I add 1 song, everytime MC opens it still searches for a server (because this is the last state it was in). I want it to not seach for any servers on the inital launch. I want it just to open with the default library then, ideally, have it connect to a server, say, 30 seconds later.

Thanks and thanks for clarifying the support options! I would rather post to a messageboardfor help so thats great!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 11:12:26 pm »

File -> Library -> Library Manage
This lets you add a library.

I can't help with your second question, other than to say wait 30 seconds before starting MC.

j

silkshadow

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 04:06:12 am »

Thanks John Gateley! Can I ask a folllow up question? Is there a way to tell MC to never automatially connect to a server?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2005, 07:04:33 am »

Find Library Manager (under File/Library) and create a new entry. 

When you get that far, try connecting and if you can't see how, stop back.

There is Help inside MC.

silkshadow

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 01:23:18 am »

Thanks alot! I will post if I get stuck :D!
Pages: [1]   Go Up