INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any way to check the dates I used my restores?  (Read 713 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Any way to check the dates I used my restores?
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:59:05 am »

Is there any way of checking when I used restores in order to verify that I'm getting the "new" ones correctly?  There was a glitch the last time I used a restore (it used up two in a single shot) so I want to make sure everything is working properly now.  I haven't seen any new restores yet, and it's been over a year since I purchased the program.  It "may" not have been a year since I first used a restore however -- this is what I can't remember.

I just don't want to run into a problem down the road.

Thanks,

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Any way to check the dates I used my restores?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 04:11:53 am »

From a few threads before this thread:

In other words, as Gateley (from JRiver) explained it some time ago:

"The year period is not from a certain day to a certain day, it is 1 year from the moment you try to restore. There's no magic moment when all your restores come back, each restore you use becomes available again one year after you actually use it."

It's a good explanation. Even I can understand it.  :)

I don't think you have to worry too much. JRiver can reset your restores if asked kindly with a good explanation.

Remember that if you have a vanilla Windows installation you can first use the MC try-out period for testing system stability. Also, each key file is valid for 14 days. If you need to do OS reinstallations before you get everything right you don't have to spend MC restores.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up