INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT Moody Blues  (Read 1200 times)

JollyJim

• World Citizen
OT Moody Blues
« on: October 21, 2002, 06:48:56 am »

I've just been watching a Moody Blues video concert that I forgot I had. It was from Red Rocks, which I assume is in Colorado, in 1992.

It looks an amazing place and I wondered if anyone had any info about the place.

Incidentally, I had'nt listened to the MB for years until recently and forgotten how good they are.

Listening to: 'Haunted' from 'Strange Times' by 'Moody Blues' on Media Jukebox

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: OT Moody Blues
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 07:13:49 am »

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 07:17:30 am »

Moody Blues are still awesome.  Every few years I seem to rediscover them too, and can't beleive how good their stuff is.  They're still outstanding in concert, particularly if you can catch them with a full symphony orch is a large venue.

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2002, 10:32:43 am »

IMO: Best Album => Seventh Sojourn (Day of the Future's Past is up there too)

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2002, 12:56:30 pm »

IMNSHO
best album they first when playing R&R

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2002, 02:06:49 pm »

Red Rocks is a natural ampli-theater just outside (west of) Denver in the foothills.  Have been there many times.  Great sound in a beautiful place. ;D
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2002, 04:43:04 pm »

I think the first 7 Moody Blues albums are all classics.  Starting with Days of Future Past in, what was it, 65?, the issued an ablum every fall.  I remember it was a huge event, waiting then getting that new album every year.
Everybody should go back and listen to Days of Future Past from start to finish (it is an opera of sorts, one of the first concept albums and first pop groups to write for and use a complete symphony orchestra), then revisit each album issued thereafter.  Great stuff!  Have to agree with Xen-Uno, Seventh Sojourn (seventh of the fall issue series) is terrific.  Land of Make Believe being my favorite.
Tip for MB fans: The Moodies, primarily Justin Hayward, just wrote some of the soundtrack for the Omni-Max movie Amazing Caves.  The Cut "We Can Fly" should be in every Media Jukebox database, IMHO of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up