INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist importing and random erasing?  (Read 1304 times)

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
Playlist importing and random erasing?
« on: February 23, 2005, 10:23:49 am »

When I try to import some playlists with Internet radio stations, the imports fail with this message:

Code: [Select]
Adding: C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Brown\My Documents\My Music\Internet Radio\Digitally Imported\Digitally Imported_ Chillout.m3u
    Failed to analyze / add

Also, I have not figured out how yet, but my internet radio playlists keep getting erased!  It is driving me CRAZY as it is really hard to import them again!!  I guess I will try a few more times in order to attempt to figure out why this is happening.  Has anyone else seen this?

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
Re: Playlist importing and random erasing?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 11:13:28 am »

Another set of internet radio URLs got erased from a playlist.  All I can add is:
1)  Installed newest version of MC11 198.
2)  Connected to MC over the network as a client.

Oddly, the one I use most is erased, but others appear intact.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 11:19:00 am »

2)  Connected to MC over the network as a client.
If you're using Media Server or Library Server, any changes you make on the client are not saved.  The server library is read only.

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 11:31:29 am »

I understand that, I figure that connecting in this way may have had something to do with it.

All I know is I connect to MC as a client.  On the server I have my playlists including my playlists for Internet Radio.

I connected to the server today and a few of my internet radio playlists are now empty (Though some others are still full).  This has happend before.

I'm 98% sure there is a hidden bug in MC as I do not normally use MC on the "server" box.  Given the read-only nature...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 12:15:54 pm »

Have you imported any other files? If import has removed radio stations it's not a hidden bug. It's a reported bug.

Until the last version MC thought that every library entry that has not a physical file on the disk was a broken link. They got removed if "Fix or remove broken links" was enabled when importing. Now it should be fixed for CUE entries. I don't know if it is fixed also for URL entries.

Another thing is why MC doesn't accept URL .m3u playlists. Perhaps it tries to find the physical files for checking them.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 01:28:26 pm »

Yeah I think it looks for the physical files and that is why they are not imported.

The deleting playlist items is a mystery to me.  Have not yet figured out exactly how it happens...
Pages: [1]   Go Up