INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Synching with Flash player  (Read 1233 times)

park

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I wish I had more to say!
Synching with Flash player
« on: February 26, 2005, 10:48:42 pm »

I'm looking into getting one of these:

http://reviews.cnet.com/JetAudio_iAudio_U2__1GB__Platinum_Black_/4505-6490_7-31129769.html?tag=topprods

It's a  JetAudio iAudio U2 (1GB) and looks pretty powerful for just a flash player. I like that you can save your music in a folder structure and even better, navigate in the player through that structure.

Anyway, I was wondering, with the ability to synch anything, including hard drives in MC, would it be possible to get number of plays, or last played info from the player when synching? If so, this would be perfect.

You can also make on the fly playlists on the player, so even though it doesnt have ratings ability I could put anything I want to rate as 4 stars into a playlist as I am listening and then just update those file's ratings in MC later on.

SteveG

Re: Synching with Flash player
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 12:34:37 pm »

park,

The fact that this device creates on the fly playlsits leads me to believe it has some kind of a database system. In order to retrieve number plays etc. I would need to get the device, figure out the database and write a plugin that communicates with the database.

Steve

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
Re: Synching with Flash player
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 04:12:09 pm »

thanks for replying Steve,

I guess that means that synching to it is a distant rather than near prospect then.

I think that the future of portable music, even on these smaller flash based devices, lies in the extra tag info such as number of plays etc. Smartlists arent half as useful is that information isnt being updated from every device that you are using to play files.

I've been waiting since my Ipod broke (7 days out of warranty) for the next thing that would convince me to part with so much money again. Havent seen anything yet.  ipod photo etc all seem like middle ground till the next big step. I do like way SD/CF card slots are appearing in new players though. With a decent resolution screen and at the right price, I think I could be persuaded.

Anyway, I digress...
Pages: [1]   Go Up