INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does the iPod shuffle show up as a drive in XP?  (Read 1143 times)

charlespaul21

• Recent member
Does the iPod shuffle show up as a drive in XP?
« on: February 04, 2005, 01:33:06 pm »

I was just wondering if anyone here know if the iPod shuffle would show up as a drive in XP?  And how well is it working with MC?
-stop reading and start posting

razumik

• World Citizen
Re: Does the iPod shuffle show up as a drive in XP?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 07:41:46 pm »

The Shuffle shows up just like a regular IPOD in MC but only after you have initialized it with iTunes and transferred at least one song to it.  Even after it is recognized, though, MC is unable to transfer songs to it...or rather, you are able to transfer songs but the Shuffle gives an error and will not play anything after you do.  It appears that the iTunesDB on the Shuffle is slightly different than the one on the regular IPOD (there is also one new DB on the shuffle)  and the plug-in will need to be changed slightly in order for it to work.  Until that time I am using iTunes to transfer songs to it...kind of a pain, but hopefully it will be temporary.

dan

pietro

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Ride a bike, what else?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 01:18:19 pm »

Anyone any idea when MC (11) will support the iPod Shuffle?
(Now that my son owns one, he would like to use MC instead of iTunes...)
Thanks
-Pietro

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 05:09:02 am »

I was just wondering if anyone here know if the iPod shuffle would show up as a drive in XP? 

yep it shows up in XP as a drive, but only if you go into itunes, edit/preferences, ipod tab and select the checkbox marked something like "enable ipod disk mode" or similar. you have to do this also if you want MC (11) not to crash everytime you plug it in. MC doesn't support ipod shuffle yet, but i've read in (or inferred from) the thread below that they have one and intend to support it in the future.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=25506.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up