INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boosting MC on download.com and elsewhere  (Read 1751 times)

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
Boosting MC on download.com and elsewhere
« on: March 04, 2005, 09:36:51 am »

I really really love MC and I want it to be the most successful product out there.  I would like to propose a grass roots effort to support MC as much as possible.  To start I just submitted a very nice review to downloaad.com and I suggest all of you who agree with me do the same.

Here is the link:
http://www.download.com/JRiver-Media-Center/3000-2167-10287486.html

I think the guys at JRiver deserve our support for all of their hard work!  I also think some of the complaints have a glimmer of validity in one or two areas.  The good folks at JRiver should probably seperate MC 10 and 11 a bit more to reduce "confusion" by at lease creating a beta forum.  Although, I really have not had any real problems at all. :)

Is there a link button I can put on my web page?  (Not that I get so many hits  :))

And no I do not work for JRiver...  :P

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
Re: Boosting MC on download.com and elsewhere
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 09:39:25 am »

Perhaps it would also be useful if JRiver did a compare with products like MediaMonkey that do not hold a candle to MC on the home page.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 02:39:02 pm »

Perhaps it would also be useful if JRiver did a compare with products like MediaMonkey that do not hold a candle to MC on the home page.

Maybe, but sometimes doing this can lead to problems

one of them is your contacted by the other company (like i was) and threatened with a lawsuit. I told him to jump off a cliff and i will be right behind him all the way down.

The other thing is to be fair you would need to spend time looking at other products and updating the matrix every time they make an update.

this could also be a problem if the company starts to do the same thing to your program.

I think it may be best to leave that matrix alone and just compare with J river products.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ahbrown41

• World Citizen
  • Music is good
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 02:45:56 pm »

I could see that hapening.  I think one thing is people do not realize what MC can do.  It took me some time before I figured out all or even a few of the things it can do.  I always find new little tricks options I had not used before.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 02:53:42 pm »

I really really love MC and I want it to be the most successful product out there.  I would like to propose a grass roots effort to support MC as much as possible.  To start I just submitted a very nice review to downloaad.com and I suggest all of you who agree with me do the same.

Here is the link:
http://www.download.com/JRiver-Media-Center/3000-2167-10287486.html

I think the guys at JRiver deserve our support for all of their hard work!  I also think some of the complaints have a glimmer of validity in one or two areas.  The good folks at JRiver should probably seperate MC 10 and 11 a bit more to reduce "confusion" by at lease creating a beta forum.  Although, I really have not had any real problems at all. :)

Is there a link button I can put on my web page?  (Not that I get so many hits  :))

And no I do not work for JRiver...  :P

(onsider it Done :-)
Mr (hriZ

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 03:39:13 pm »

There is a simple question which i dont think has been answered by JRiver ...

Why have they not promoted MC ?

sure...there's lots of things they can do, and i'm sure they dont need any advice on this.

..since they have not done what we think they should have done, leads me to think maybe JRiver dont think MC is ready yet for a larger audience, either that or they can't handle more customers ie they are happy with what they got (for now)

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2005, 06:49:53 am »

It could be promoted without cost, there are ways to do that.

Tab

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2005, 07:54:48 am »

If you Do A Search:

"Media Center" JRiver Is #7

"Jukebox" JRiver Is #4

From Time To Time A Review Is Done For Media Center.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up