INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ActiveX problems on Musicex website  (Read 821 times)

NatSkansn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
ActiveX problems on Musicex website
« on: October 20, 2002, 10:37:12 pm »

Can someone tell me why I get popup windows with error messages on every page of the Musicex website telling me that my ActiveX settings don't allow features of the page to be configired correctly?

I've gone into the 'security' setup for Windows Internet Properties, and set AxtiveX to the lowest, least secure setting.  And like all other settings there, it fails too.  Except that on that setting, I'm prompted to download some files from Macromedia.  But the link to the files must be dead, because nothing ever happens clicking that option.  No download, no nothing.

NatSkanson

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: ActiveX problems on Musicex website
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2002, 05:35:40 am »

Are you using IE as your browser?  If so, what version?

I had a problem the other day even using IE when I visited the MICROSOFT site.  It was solved by updating from IE 4.0 to 6.0.

It's trying to go to Macromedia to update Flash (to 5.0, I think).

NatSkansn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: ActiveX problems on Musicex website
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2002, 08:44:05 am »

Are you using IE as your browser?  If so, what version?

I had a problem the other day even using IE when I visited the MICROSOFT site.  It was solved by updating from IE 4.0 to 6.0.

It's trying to go to Macromedia to update Flash (to 5.0, I think).

I'm using IE v5.5 from files downloaded on another system for upgrading from v4.  And that system has no problem on this site.

But that was a Win98 system, and this is a Win98SE OS.  So I'm wondering if the difference in OSs may have messed things up.  I might try restoring the original IE v5 that was on this system, and then going to the Windows Update site, and try the upgrade again from there.

Thanks,

NatSkanson
Pages: [1]   Go Up