INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does “Check for updates” really work?  (Read 730 times)

UnknownID

Does “Check for updates” really work?
« on: March 10, 2005, 11:07:05 am »

I have been with JRiver since v9 and I use the “Check for updates” every now and again, but it has never notified me of updates (even if I know there is a new build available). Does this really work?

I am bringing this up because I was dealing with an issue with my Nomad Zen Xtra on the “portables” board and didn’t have the latest plug-in. I didn’t know there was a new one; nothing told me. It would have been nice to have the latest plug-in before posting a long list of quirks I found. Also, it took up Steve’s time to help me figure out that I didn’t have the latest version. I appreciate Steve’s help immensely on this, but I guess I feel bad that he wasted his time on something so trivial.

It would be nice to have it:
1. Check for the latest build of the current version and update MC.
2. Check for any updates to plug-ins and update the plug-ins.

Or number 2 could be a button in the plug-in manager under the specific plug-in.

This is just a suggestion to help streamline MC. What do you think?  ;D

UnknownID

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Does “Check for updates” really work?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 11:19:00 am »

"Check for updates" only works with released versions (will not show any MC.11 yet, since it's still in beta) and a build is only available thru that feature when it's considered completely stable.

Therefore, normally there is a lag of 4 or 5 builds between what's available in the forum and what's presented to the general public as an update via the program feature and, as I said, only relating to Released versions (currently MC.10).
Pages: [1]   Go Up