INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Karma & MC11  (Read 1427 times)

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
Karma & MC11
« on: March 11, 2005, 03:00:37 am »

So i finally gave up waiting for the "new" Karma and went for the existing one. It's a great little DAP, although 20GB is way too small IMHO.

I plugged it in and opened MC11 (.190) and it immediately recognised the Karma, great start! I made a playlist that gave me my  most recently imported complete albums and tried to send it to the Karma.

Now most of my files are high bitrate, but given the size of the Karma i want to convert them on-the-fly to 128kbps. So i set this up and put about 30GB in the playlist which i hoped would convert to roughly 20GB after conversion.

PROBLEM! MC won't let me transfer because it thinks i'm sending too much.

So my question is why is this done in such a black & white way? Could MC not *warn* the user that it thinks you are transferring too much, but if the user continues, then it will transfer as much as it can and stop (gracefully) if/when the DAP fills up.

I'm guessing there is an issue here that i haven't considered....?

adamsp70

• World Citizen
  • Unwired for sound...
Re: Karma & MC11
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 03:43:47 am »

:-[

Sorry - am using .201, not .190 !!!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Karma & MC11
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 12:15:13 pm »

adamsp70,

Does the new Karma show up in the Windows Explorer tree as a drive? If so, can you drag files to it from within Explorer and can the Karma recognize and play the files?

If the answer to the above is no, then you will not be able to transfer playlists to the Karma.(Files yes, but the actual playlist, no).

In regards to the conversion, MC should calculate the space taking into account the conversion. You can't cut it too close because MC reserves space to create a database file if necessary.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up