INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Exits abruptly while starting a rip  (Read 2148 times)

ctrevith

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
MC Exits abruptly while starting a rip
« on: April 17, 2005, 10:30:58 am »

MC9 exits abruptly with no error message when I start to rip a cd.  The status in the rip dialog changes to copying, the rip speed indicator starts to increment and then MC just exits at that point with no error message.  This happens with all cd's.  Playback works just fine.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC Exits abruptly while starting a rip
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 11:07:26 am »

In the FAQ near the top of this page, there is a link to the last build of 9.1 that was available.  Please try it.

ctrevith

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 03:53:33 pm »

I tried it with the same result. 

I downloaded the latest and installed it over the current release.  One question I had though.  Do you have to do a deinstall of the prior version or can you simply upgrade?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 05:37:26 pm »

No, you don't have to uninstall.  I don't know what the problem is, but you can try ripping to wav to see if it's really the ripping or the encoding that is the problem.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:52:04 am »

You could also check your temp space. If the problem started without you making any changes to your system it is possible that you have run out of temporary file space. It can be on your system drive if your media files are on a different drive.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ctrevith

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 01:37:10 pm »

I've narrowed  this problem down to encoding to windows lossless.  If I try ti rip and encode to windows lossless or if I just try to convert a wav to windows lossless I get an error and the program exits.  If I try to encode to other formats (ape for example) everything works fine.

I recently changed to WMP 10 so I'm assuming that this caused the problem.  However, If I use WMP 10 to rip to a wma lossless file then that works fine.

Hmmm.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 02:01:15 pm »

As you have noticed Microsoft has changed Windows Media codecs after MC9 retired. The new WM system does not work with MC9.

You could consider upgrading to MC11. The $15 upgrade offer is still available, but I don't know how long. The price may change when MC11 is published.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up