INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help...REAL problems  (Read 2465 times)

ancierix

• nothing more to say...
Help...REAL problems
« on: October 15, 2002, 08:10:14 pm »

I recently downloaded Real 8. It has converted a bunch of my MP3's. Can you tell me how to convert back, because I can't import them into my MJ...Thanks. ? ? ? ;D

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Help...REAL problems
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2002, 08:18:35 pm »

I doubt it deleted your original mp3's.  Look for them on the hard drive.  If the are really gone, and now in Real format, rumor has it Real files can be converted to wav using Winamp with the Tara plug-in, or with dBpoweramp.  But after two conversions, you will have lost some quality.  Stay away from that Real stuff.

Scronch

phelt

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2002, 09:08:18 pm »

ancierix: converted how? turned them into Real format files, or left them as MP3's with new tags, or ?

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2002, 09:11:58 pm »

I heard something like this from my brother in law.  Dunno if it's the same problem though.  According to him, he installed realplayer, and it said something to the effect of "realplayer has found illegal files and is deleting them" and they were gone.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2002, 09:18:55 pm »

I want to ask a related question:

I've got an old copy of Real Jukebox on my system.  With all this bullschmitt from Real, I want to just blow it away and wash my hands of them.  Is there ANYTHING that I need to be careful about when uninstalling Real Jukebox, so that it doesn't screw up my MJ installation?

I woudn't think so, but better to ask first.

Scronch

zevele10

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2002, 02:59:48 am »

OK,so now,let's try TO KEEP COOL.

There is no way RealPlayer can convertmp3 to Real format.
Even if you want to do it.You have to use RealJukebox for it.Not sure but this fonction may be on the plus version only.
You may have the blue Real icone on your mp3 instead of the MJ surfing jukebox.
RealPlayer DOES NOT scan your hard drives for music,so hard to think that it can convert or delete some of them.

I never heard of such problem.
Scronch
If you use Windows  add\remove you are fine.
Now as you know there is Real files everywhere on your computer,even after add/remove.
If you want to 'hunt' them,can be safe to have a look at they fonctions before deleting.
If you have an uninstaller program,better to use it

I do still have Realplayer an Realjukebox plus on my computer.i still use Realjukebox for fast VRB 192 kps/mp3 on the fly conversion from time to time.
Both of them behave themselfs and i do not have problem with MJ,my default music program

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2002, 04:21:58 pm »

Zev -

By "wash my hands of them", I mean be done dealing with Real at all.  Not so much because their software causes problems (it's not for me; like you, I have an old version of RJ), but because their arrogant business practices piss me off.  One of these days I'll blow it off my system.

Scronch

ancierix

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2002, 05:01:53 pm »

I thought this was such a basic question, that I wanted to be brief.

I run XP, and on most of my MP3 files, I have the little jukebox icon identifying the file. After I downloaded Real 8, a bunch of those files had the Real 8 Icon instead and they were taken off my MJ (About 400 out of 4000 files). When I try to import them back in it doesn't work. I don't get a error message or anything, it just says "files tried 400" - "Files imported 0".

This is very strange, I and feel like I have a pretty good handle on my system.  

Scronch

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2002, 05:39:38 pm »

I agree, that is very strange.  I can't answer it.  But I do appreciate hearing about it, so I can tell everyone I know to STAY AWAY FROM REAL.

Scronch

zevele10

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2002, 01:05:06 am »

OK,it is not strange,but VERY strange

You are sure this 400 songs are mp3?
Did you riped them?
Or you got them using an Hillary program?
Did you rip them with with MJ or ,long ago with RealJukebox?
In this case are you sure you uncheckded the 'secure my music' option?

Did you try to set RealPlayer default player to NONE of files?
Before  this problem,did you try to play this files in MJ and it was fine?

That i would try if i had the same problem;
First remove RealPlayer from my computer to see what's happen.
If you really need RealPLayer,try to install MJ he last ,after any other program.
I men update WindowsMediaPlayer,install any  burning\ripping software if you use one.
Install RealPlayer.
Now set each program as you like.
WindowsMediaPlayer and RealPlayer default to NOTHING.
Intall MJ on the top of it and set it to deal with Real file,WMA and so on.

Can be that this 400 files are Real streaming you ripped with RealPlayer long ago.But i have few of it and they play in MJ.

Another thing to try is to play them with RealPlayer.Maybe RealPlayer needs an update t play them,making MJ unable to get them

Now if you think this is a basic question,can you show me some 'no-basic' ones......

Good luck.But if you find out,please let us know

Sronch

You get the point.The softwares are not bad.I'am sure than like many others, RealPlayer was the only way to listen to music when on phone'moden 56 kp connection.

You may came from 'an another jukebox'.I am sure it is not MM[ i HATE it],so can be RealJukebox.
Who was the best 'mister average' jukebox in my opinion.

But the company  has such a scornful[?] behavior that i do think it is the worst on the net
The day most of the streams i listen to are in both Real and WMA format,i just would erease RealPlayer for ever

phelt

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2002, 11:55:24 am »

ancierix: Can you play the files with MJ?

If these are definitely MP3 files, you could try checking for extra ID3v2 tag data that might be interfering with import. A tag editor capable of viewing/modifying/deleting extra ID3v2 tags would be helpful. I'm sure there are quite a few of them - the one I use is MP3Tag Studio.

zevele10

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2002, 06:13:21 am »

bump

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2002, 02:32:51 pm »

The files that have the MJ jukebox icon have been associated with Mj. The files that have the Real icon have been associated with RealPlayer. Uninstall and reinstall RealPlayer 8 and tell it NOT to associate files. Reinstall MJ and reassociate the files to them.

CVIII

Never heard of ANY program searching and destroying "illegal files" but that's a scary thought.
I suppose it's coming sooner or later.
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2002, 02:42:05 pm »

Karolus VIII
Since you told me to install RealPlayer 8,i do not find my slippers, most of my cds and my ID card.
And the most amazing think is that the boxes of ice cream full of Grass i keep in the congelator are empty

So tell me : do you thing that RealPLayer makes pot with my slippers.listening to my cds and have my ID card in case the cops catch him?

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2002, 02:46:30 pm »

OK, Z.
You caught me.
Now I have to grant you three wishes. Be VERY careful what you wish for.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

zevele10

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2002, 03:07:52 pm »

OK
first one : you and all your family fine
second one ; that you have hundreds hours of live ABB to send me
third one:try to REALLY freak out on interact

Now,think about it- not you but others-
instead of smoking dry grass with the paper gluing on your lips.Instead of getting heavy tongue because the grass is over dry .
Instead of freaking about the cops: JUST FREEZE IT
Pages: [1]   Go Up