INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.212 Beta Available  (Read 2323 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.212 Beta Available
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:51:11 am »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  Some plugins still do not work.

If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110212.exe

Important:  Please post only bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes

11.0.212 (3/11/05)

1. Fixed: In skins without a tree selection image, the focused / unfocused coloring was reversed.
2. Fixed: Tools that used encoders would not work properly. (ripping, burning, recording)
3. Fixed: Installation on Win2k would try to install Windows Media runtimes that were too new.
4. Fixed: Creating / renaming data burning CD folders would cause a crash.

11.0.211 (3/10/05)

1. Fixed: Pressing 'Back' on the toolbar above a webpage could cause MC to crash in some cases.
2. Fixed: Dropping files on a handheld view could cause a crash.
3. Changed: Showing track info pages with certain IE system sounds enabled could cause MC to play sounds when switching tracks.
4. Fixed: Switching skins would not properly update all views when using split views.
5. Fixed: Library field list in Options dialog could flicker when adding or removing fields.
6. Changed: Dropping files on an empty Playing Now Action Window honors the "Start playback when adding to Playing Now" option.
7. Fixed: In some cases, the on-screen display wouldn't stay on top of the current display.
8. NEW: Added option General > Behavior > Previous button to make the previous button work like a standard CD player.
9. NEW: Glass and Acajou Theater View skins work again.
10. Changed: Drop menus in Theater View use a width that matches the item they're dropping from.
11. Changed: Speed improvements for parsing mpl database file from Portable Devices.
12. NEW: Added Media Server program to start menu for running Library, TiVo, UPnP, etc. servers in the background.
13. NEW: Retooled database expression engine to be much more powerful. ( documentation here: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/DevZone/DBExpressions.htm )
14. NEW: Installer downloads and installs Windows Media Format runtimes during install only if system isn't up to date.
15. NEW: Encoder and transcoder settings have been upgraded.
16. Fixed: Transcoder settings on UPnP Server, TiVo Server, and Library Server now allow quality selection, and choosing arbitrary encoders as the target.
17. Fixed: The latest TiVo (7.1) now works.
18. Fixed: Mime types are correctly assigned for UPnP Server.
19. Fixed: International characters work with UPnP Server and TiVo Server.
20. Fixed: Browsing deep with UPnP Server now works (known problem for Roku, maybe others).
21. NEW: When dragging items, MC shows an alpha blended representation along with the drag. (not available on Win9x)

11.0.205 (3/4/05)

1. Changed: Updated MP3 input plugin options to store information in the newer registry location. (old settings will need to be remade)
2. NEW: On W2K and XP, drags into the player support shell alpha drag images.
3. Changed: Ripped DVD files (VOB) would not play properly over Media Server. (requires Tools > Update Tags (from librayr) on VOB files)
4. Changed: Library import "Get cover art" only gets cover art for files just imported. (instead of trying to re-run the whole database)
5. Changed: Some static controls would show ampersands as underlines.
6. Fixed: CD information submission system could flicker when drawing the track name list.
7. NEW: View header slideshow images follow the current selection. (instead of being for any random file in the view)

11.0.201 (2/28/05)

1. Changed: Improved 'Cancel' functionality of import / update library system.
2. NEW: Enhanced CD view header to show more appropriate information for blank, data, and other non-audio disc types.
3. Fixed: CD drives would not show up in the tree. (introduced in 200)

11.0.200 (2/28/05)

1. Fixed: Media Center could fail to install in some cases on a clean machine.
2. Fixed: After a file conversion, tags would not be saved to the new file.
3. Fixed: Some dynamically filled submenus could disappear quickly after appearing.
4. Changed: Internal queue for Portables has been revised.
5. Fixed: When starting MC in Playing Now, the current playback track wouldn't be visible.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

benrad

Re: Media Center 11.0.212 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 11:52:44 am »

I currently have system restore on my XP box turned off. When I install this build, I get a warning from MC 10 Install (yes, 10) that System restore is off. Additionally, my Microsoft AntiSpyware Beta started going crazy approving changes. I assume this has something to do with checking for MS Media components.

MC still seems to work though.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 12:52:11 pm »

4. Fixed: Creating / renaming data burning CD folders would cause a crash.

Just tested again and it looked like it was gonna work...but, got to the 5 folder to be renamed (album titles) and MC11 crashed.  The folder it crashed on had about 20+ characters in the album name (if that matters).  Still testing with just 8 albums (folders) and trying to burn a data cd (obviously).

Yep...it depends on the folder name length.  18 chars seems to be fine...20 or more seems to be bad...try it (please) with alphabetic chars (all #s in the name does not seem to make it crash, weird).

dcpoppy

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 01:20:50 pm »

I am still unable to do anything with either of my devices under 212.  One is a folder on a local drive that I convert non-MP3 to 192kb and just transfer mp3s.  The other is an iRiver H340.

If I click on either of them, I am immediately taken back to my previous view.  Right clicking crashes MC.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 01:33:57 pm »

Just tested again and it looked like it was gonna work...but, got to the 5 folder to be renamed (album titles) and MC11 crashed.  The folder it crashed on had about 20+ characters in the album name (if that matters).  Still testing with just 8 albums (folders) and trying to burn a data cd (obviously).

Yep...it depends on the folder name length.  18 chars seems to be fine...20 or more seems to be bad...try it (please) with alphabetic chars (all #s in the name does not seem to make it crash, weird).
I can't reproduce this here. Maybe you could set up the folders just before you would do the rename which causes the crash, but instead of proceeding with the rename, click Options/Save folder structure to a file and email that file to me along with instructions on what to rename to cause the crash.

Thanks,
johnt @ jriver.com
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2005, 01:36:27 pm »

Fixed: Tools that used encoders would not work properly. (ripping, burning, recording)
+ thanks works fine :)

- the error i reported still accours. its about when klick the MC11 start button, and in that webpage klicking on the top left "media center website"
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2005, 03:04:07 pm »

some minor window weirdness...

With MC in standard view and Playing Now, right-click in the Display section (above the playlist) and select Windowed View. Now close the Windowed View window. In previous versions of MC the standard window would reappear. In this release, the standard window remains minimized, and if I restore it then right-click in the Display section, Windowed View is still checked.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2005, 03:08:10 pm »

I can't reproduce this here. Maybe you could set up the folders just before you would do the rename which causes the crash, but instead of proceeding with the rename, click Options/Save folder structure to a file and email that file to me along with instructions on what to rename to cause the crash.

Thanks,
johnt @ jriver.com

Done.  I hope it helps ya.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2005, 04:13:23 pm »

I am still unable to do anything with either of my devices under 212.  One is a folder on a local drive that I convert non-MP3 to 192kb and just transfer mp3s.  The other is an iRiver H340.

If I click on either of them, I am immediately taken back to my previous view.  Right clicking crashes MC.

Ditto.

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2005, 04:33:24 pm »

Back shortcuts do not scroll properly to the previous selection. More info here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=26424.0

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 04:49:49 pm »

J'ai installe la nouvelle beta et je vois que les encodeurs MP3, OGG, WMA... ne fonctionne plus. Y a t'il un lien avec la NEW 15. NEW: Encoder and transcoder settings have been upgraded. ? J'ai l'erreur "Plugin not found or incorrect. Please reinstall the latest 'MP3 Encoder' plug-in."??
Je peux toujours utiliser l'encodeur <<External encoder>> et choisir...

Aussi je ne vois plus le DSP (dsp_MJMain.dll), la fenetre s'ouvre mais vide alors que le plugin est bien installe? cette anomalie est valable sur la beta 205. Sinon tout fonctionne avec la beta 162

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 04:56:18 pm »

Vous n'avez pas essai 11.0.212?  Si non, les encoders marchent encore en 212.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 05:16:57 pm »

1.   There is no ability to access common DVD commands (e.g. menu, change audio track, subtitles, etc.) by keypresses (or any other means that would allow a remote control to be used to while playing a DVD).  Without this, DVDs are not playable (for any practical purposes) in Theaterview.

2.   When playing a DVD in Theaterview the dialog that asks if you want to continue playing where you left off, pops up. This dialog is not implemented any differently in Theaterview and thus looks terrible. There is also no way to answer it using a remote.

3.   The removable field is not filled in when items are imported

4.   Bitrate field for all MPEG video files is shown as 165722112

5.   Using Drive&Devices, moving a file from under one of the My Network Places shortcuts to another can result in deletion of the file instead, i.e. it doesn’t appear in the new location it was to be moved to, but presumably MC thinks it has been copied and deletes it from the old location. This same problem does NOT occur when moving files in the Microsoft Windows Network part of the My Network Places tree.

6.   When moving photos to another location within “Drives and Devices” the photos are moved, but often the view of the folder the files were moved from is not updated properly (e.g. some of the moved files are still shown, but with an X through the thumbnail showing that the underlying file is no longer present). This occurs when moving files between network shares (where I keep my photos). I have not done detailed testing to determine whether this problem crops up in other contexts.

7.   Executing MJEXTMAN.EXE unminimizes Media Center.

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2005, 05:19:12 pm »

MATT J'ai utilisé la 11.0.212 et les encodeurs ne fonctionnent plus.
J'utilise la 11.0.205 pour le moment qui fonctionne très bien sauf le DSP qui affiche un fenêtre DSP vide malgrès le plugin installé

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 06:01:06 pm »

MATT J'ai utilisé la 11.0.212 et les encodeurs ne fonctionnent plus.
J'utilise la 11.0.205 pour le moment qui fonctionne très bien sauf le DSP qui affiche un fenêtre DSP vide malgrès le plugin installé
Je pense que, avec 212, vous devez faire les settings de nouveau parce que les entrees de registry a change.

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 06:25:52 pm »

JimH les entrées du registre ont changés... tu veux dire nettoyer la BDR? je ne vois que ça à faire.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 06:36:14 pm »

JimH les entrées du registre ont changés... tu veux dire nettoyer la BDR? je ne vois que ça à faire.
Il n'est pas necessaire de faire le nettoyage.  C'est necessaire de visiter les settings pour les encoders. 

Par example, Tools/Options/Encoding/MP3/Advanced.

Je suis "au-desous la tete" en Francais.  Ou est Cmagic?

bmustang

• Recent member
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 11:02:09 am »

JimH Malgres tes conseilles sur les settings , une désisntallation... toujours le même problème. Avec la version 205 sans nettoyer la BDR, il n'y a pas de problème? J'ai nettoyé la BDR et j'ai installé la nouvelle 213! C'est parfait, les encoders fonctionnent. La seule chose qui reste bizare? c'est la fenêtre DSP qui reste vide avec le message "No display Available"

Remerciements à JimH et MATT pour vos efforts de lecture et à l'écrit en français... merci merci
Pages: [1]   Go Up