INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11 Problem  (Read 1072 times)

X-Files

• Recent member
  • TheTruthIsOutThere
Media Center 11 Problem
« on: March 14, 2005, 08:54:11 am »

I have been having a problem where Media Center 11 locks up after importing Media. Here is my sys info.
Let me know what other information you need from me.

Media Center Registered 11.0.201 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 914 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 356 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: NEC     CD-ROM DRIVE:466  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  No burners found.
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." ~John Lennon

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Center 11 Problem
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 10:06:25 pm »

Its probably because of a "bad" file in one of the folders you are trying to import.  Matt was kind enough a few builds back to add in a whole bunch of logging functions which should help you track down which file is causing it to die.  Find the log folder inside your Library (which if you didn't modify it defaults to C:\Documents and Settings\[Windows_UserName]\Application Data\J River\Media Center 11\Library)... Then open the most recent Import Log file and under where it says:

Code: [Select]
Importing new files (3/16/2005 11:01:38 PM)

Find the last file listed (it will probably be the last line in the file if MC is crashing).  The offending file is probably that one, or one of them right around it (either before or after the file in an alphabetical list).  Typically when this happens to me (not often, but I have had a few corrupt files here and there before I fixed my hard drive situation), I find the file is messed up anyway (0 bytes and/or won't play in anything).  Either way, delete the file or move it out of MC's search path (you may have to do this from the command line in Windows if it crashes Explorer when you select the file), and you should be all set.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

X-Files

• Recent member
  • TheTruthIsOutThere
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 09:35:20 am »

It looks like it is trying to find the album artwork.

Is ther a place to stop the program from trying to get the album art?

Thanks.
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." ~John Lennon

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 10:10:43 am »

In the import dialog, click on "advanced" and untick "retrieve cover-art from internet" (or something to that effect... I'm not at home now).
Pages: [1]   Go Up