Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: help  (Read 1333 times)

ankpualani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
help
« on: July 03, 2003, 11:04:20 am »

I have ben using mj to rip parts of my cd collection to my hard drive. I have filled about 350 gb with .ape files....
I have three main problums
wether or not cddb is on each time mj goes to update view while I have  a new cd in the cd-rom it freezes my computer for a full minute...This would not e that much of a drag if it did not also disconnect me from my internet provider (dsl) this becomes amazingly  annoying after 20 + cds in a sitting. (my computer has 1gb of 333ddr ram & an amd athlon 1800 cpu & each hard drive has 8 mb buffer and runs 7200 . Nothing else freezes it even with multiple appz running.
Now it has errors and must be shut down by windows each time I try to have it recognize a new cd in either drive. I am sure I will have to re-install for the second or third time. Now that in itself is not a huge bother but I have to get some code from you  folks and have only limited number of times you will let me re-install...right ?

why wont cddb work ?

why does your program disconnect my local area connection ( or at least make my computer think it did)?

If your program malfunctioning and requiring repeated  re-installs thus forcing me to use my limited number of re-installs . why should I buy it again ?

save me from these problums and I will buy your update but I refuse to live with these problums for another year if I buy a new poduct/update . I have less than 1/3 of my cd collection ripped onto my harddrives and so far it is all without song titles etc.....

help me please , I miss normal customer service
thank you

ankpualani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2003, 11:21:44 am »

i did not mean to sound so whiney

and i do thank you for your time and consideration.

i would love it if i could solve these problums so i could eventually have the whole collection 6000 cds ( no mp3s)and counting in my didgital jukebox.

I run windows 2000 and currently need to re-install mj because it no longer functions without windows shutting it down.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 02:50:20 am »

I don't know what the problem is, but make sure you have the latest version of MJ, or even better, install MC.

CDDB was phased out and replaced by YADB.  Try a search here for details.

ankpualani

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2003, 10:41:34 pm »

after a half dozen re-installs this level of energy to recieve this advice and 2000 cds in my computer without song info..........
there must be another way to rip into ape files...
pay another 30+ $ for a program tht has been the least user friendly....
locks up my computer....
nothing else freezes this beast.
what else can rip to ape files,
I can still use mj for the front end but a year of 10 cds a day 10 frezes a day 10 disconnects a day and you dont have a solution ???
what else rips to ape files ?
PRETTY PLEASE
Pages: [1]   Go Up