INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: creating a website from the jr database  (Read 1628 times)

cascius

• Galactic Citizen
Q: creating a website from the jr database
« on: March 22, 2005, 10:26:48 pm »

Hey guys, I'm back :D

I was wondering about implementing a website that would work the following way: take the jr database (in xml export or something) and create pages automatically based on the content of the database.

Is there already something like this around? If not, can anyone give me some tips on where to start?

I have some advanced html/web design knowledge, but my db handling skills are still very low... :(

Thanks,

-Cas

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Q: creating a website from the jr database
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 12:53:14 am »

Hi Cas, nice to meet you again  :)

I think there is a plugin called XML-Export.
I never used it but as far as i can remember it should do what you want.
But you don't start it from a website but from MC. Maybe this could be a starting point.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:50:54 am »

Hey guys, I'm back :D

I was wondering about implementing a website that would work the following way: take the jr database (in xml export or something) and create pages automatically based on the content of the database.

Is there already something like this around? If not, can anyone give me some tips on where to start?

I have some advanced html/web design knowledge, but my db handling skills are still very low... :(

Thanks,

-Cas

why would you want to do this?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

pank2002

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 08:06:54 am »

Something like this, eh? It's quite big, and it may load better in IE than FF. And, no I don't listen to all that crap in between but others do/did. It's quite outdated too. Never the less, it shows how one can make what you're asking for.
edit: Check the entry Kashmir. It looks really well. I would just wish it would sort by release year rather than ABC.

It's created with Scott R.'s MC-plugin MC XML Export which include some styles, including the one I'm using. He is said to release a new version at some point according to this thread, so I'd keep an eye on that.

More info can be found under the Interface Plug-ins section. It's the first entry when selecting either v10 or v9.1. Note: you need .NET Framework

-Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 01:06:56 pm »

I'm guessing the MC XML plugin doesn't operate in MC11.  I keep crashing when I try to start it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up