INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.242 Beta Available  (Read 2658 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.242 Beta Available
« on: April 18, 2005, 05:19:48 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
[build pulled by JimH -- display problems]

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.242 (4/18/05)

1. Fixed: Filename truncation and rename for long filenames with iPod.
2. Fixed: Auto sync for portables could mistakenly delete files on the device.
3. Changed: Auto-sync will occur as soon as MC starts if it is enabled.
4. Changed: MC will handle individualization of multiple iPods. In order to do this, reset your devices and say 'No' to
         detection of iPod as a device. Then use the 'Configure remote and fixed drives' option to assign a name to each
         iPod. This name will save the individual settings for each iPod.
5. Fixed: Media Center could clear file associations when deselecting an association for files MC was not associated with. (introduced two builds ago)
6. NEW: Media Mode switches are now integrated into the MC navigation history.
7. Fixed: Tools > Advanced Tools > Windows Media Manager > Help could crash Media Center.
8. Fixed: Windows "smooth scrolling" (on by default with XP) would cause MC's lists to work slowly and look poor during scrolls.
9. NEW: DVD properties has added option to choose audio/video decoder filters. This is still being developed so it may not always work.
10. Changed: Added logging to file associations engine to help troubleshoot   error dialog some users are seeing.

11.0.241 (4/15/05)

1. Fixed: Some toolbar links to tree items were not working properly.
2. NEW: Includes help file updated for version 11.
3. NEW: Added new "DVD Menu" as a configurable remote button. (also available as MCC command MCC_DVD_MENU (10033))
4. Fixed: Analyzing files time lag problem for Portables.
5. Fixed: With Media Server running, Media Center could not be closed.
6. Fixed: MP3 encoder would not work properly for handhelds.

11.0.240 (4/14/05)

1. Fixed: Cancelling secure ripping process sometimes caused application crash.
2. NEW: Added SDK function IMJZoneAutomation->GetMixer(...) for zone specific mixer control.
3. Fixed: Shell extension's "Replace & Play" would not work properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: File assocation for playlists could not be unselected in some cases.
5. Changed: MC file association system better copes with Explorer-specific changes so the File Associations list is more accurate.
6. Fixed: Some actions that showed a "Working..." dialog would force Media Center to the foreground.
7. Fixed: File conversion when transferring to Portables.
8. Changed: Number of plays when new files tranferred to Portables will always be 0.
9. Fixed: After each CD track finished ripping, application window would come to the foreground.
10. Changed: Removed list "Tile" mode for now. (may return in a later version)

11.0.236 (4/13/05)

1. Fixed: For 'drive defined' portables, 'file type not supported' will no longer appear in the view.
2. Fixed: Progress bar not working right for CD ripping when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
3. Fixed: Rip/encode speed not correct when when multiple rip/encode processes were used.
4. Fixed: Rip/encode simultaneous option not synchronized between encoder options page and advanced ripping options page.
5. NEW: Audible files resume where they last left off when restarting playback inside of Media Center. (bookmarking)
6. Fixed: Track info pages would not load properly in some cases.
7: Changed: Removed autodetection of NetGear.
8. NEW: Support for Buffalo LinkTheater Network Media Player.
9. New: Support Audio Only mode for UPnP devices with no video output.
10. Fixed: Use Flat URLs option was not working.
11. Fixed: No alternating messages when initializing portables between 'Initializing' and 'Retrieving track information'.
12. Fixed: Toggle between 'sync all' and 'sync selected' for portables.
13. Changed: Improvements added for enumeration of Fixed/Remote drive devices.
14. Changed: Improvements to Auto sync.
15. Fixed: Drag-n-drop inside of a playlist / Playing Now would not work properly.
16. Changed: Playing a tree path with /TreePath= for a random-style smartlist will get a new batch of files each time.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lpr

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 11.0.242 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2005, 05:33:04 pm »

The Library Browser only displays 4 covers.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 05:44:49 pm »

the whole more browser and various other opinions have heavy diagram errors.

this is not a good build

i am back to 241
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

edbro

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 05:59:26 pm »

I can not see any album thumbnails. Tried a reimport but still no luck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 06:00:02 pm »

The build has been pulled for display problems found.

lOth

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 06:02:24 pm »

2. Fixed: Auto sync for portables could mistakenly delete files on the device.

Seems to work now. Thank you.

3. Changed: Auto-sync will occur as soon as MC starts if it is enabled.

Yes. About auto-sync, the problem of the number of plays increasing with each sync is still here, but only for files that have been played on the iPod (not in MC). For instance, if I play a file in MC and a file on the iPod, then do a few syncs (without ejecting the iPod), the playcount will be correct for the first file and wrong (too high) for the second one.

4. Changed: MC will handle individualization of multiple iPods. In order to do this, reset your devices and say 'No' to detection of iPod as a device. Then use the 'Configure remote and fixed drives' option to assign a name to each iPod. This name will save the individual settings for each iPod.

Wow. I wasn't expecting that one. I've just spend a few minutes playing with it (with a mini and a 40gb photo) and it seems to work great. This is not the most intuitive way to set-up the two players, but thank you, thank you, thank you.

Great job Steve. As for me, this is a great build.
This is going so fast now that I'm wondering.... are we getting full iPod photo support in 11?  ;)

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2005, 07:32:21 pm »

Something I've been experiencing but have never posted as a bug until now. This may be normal and un-fixable (if thats even a word). Whenever seeking, regardless of how (smooth, gapless, etc.) and no matter what the buffer length is, MC always will skip to the point chosen, and then jump forward about 5 seconds. This is very annoying when trying to pinpoint a certain part of a song.

-EDIT-
Something else I've noticed that I cant seem to fix. There seems to have been some jostling around of the skins. My scrollbars arent rendering correctly now, some of them are getting cut sort, and some images are getting cropped where they shouldnt. I havent done anything recently to knock things out of whack, other than just checking to code in the main.xml file a few moments ago to see if things had changed at all. For an example of what I'm talking about, click the link below.

http://www.bgracetfaith.net/misc/mc.jpg

Notice the scrollbar handle in the center. That is what it "should" look like. The ones on the right are mucked up in some way. This happened just recently. Within the last 3 builds.

Media Center Registered 11.0.241 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1691 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 251 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2627 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050309-1648) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive F: HL-DT-STDVD+RW GCA-4040N  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Ripping Complete.wav

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GCA-4040N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up