INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.221 Beta Available  (Read 3704 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.221 Beta Available
« on: March 23, 2005, 01:48:04 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110221.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.221 (3/23/05)

1. Fixed: Clicking a scrollbar in MC when another application with the focus partially covered MC would not properly redraw MC.
2. Changed: Portable Options added customizable filepath for playlists for custom drive paths.
3. Fixed: Conversion for iPod. For fix to work, you will need to open and close the options dialogue and confirm your settings.
4. NEW: TV can do Time-shifting and still-picture-capturing with Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 device.
5. Changed: Added database type logging to help isolate any database loading / saving performance issues.
6. Fixed: Database expressions with double brackets (i.e. [[Artist]]) would not work properly.
7. Fixed: Track info pages would flicker when sizing or bar hiding / showing.
8. Fixed: Some mini skins would not draw properly.
9. Fixed: Adding columns for renamed library fields would not work properly in Customize Current View.

11.0.220 (3/21/05)

1. Fixed: Options > Tree & View > Theater View... removed. (since Theater View options are in the main options dialog now)
2. Fixed: MC could crash or show no files in some views. (introduced in 219)
3. Changed: All portable options are now customized for each device. No more global settings.
4. Fixed: Drag and dropping a playlist on a Portable could have resulted in a display of duplicate files from within MC.
5. Fixed: TV audio was messed up for Hauppauge WinTV PVR 250/350 devices.
6. Fixed: DVD pause would not work properly in some cases.

11.0.219 (3/18/05)

1. NEW: Added IsEmpty(...) expression function.
2. Fixed: Expressions with empty parameters could cause crashes.
3. Changed: Expression evaluator shows error strings for bad expressions. (previously could crash or output strange results)
4. Changed: DVD playback automatically resumes at last location instead of throwing a dialog box. (use "DVD Menu" command to revert to the menu)
5. Fixed: Closing Windowed view would not automatically bring Standard View back.
6. Fixed: Clicking a service in the Action Window list would not always show that service.
7. Fixed: System colored menus could use the wrong text color in some cases.
8. Fixed: Sorting by the sequence column would not work properly.
9. NEW: When switching DVD playback between monitors, the playback position is no longer lost.
10. Fixed: D-Link DSM-320 was not displaying pictures.

11.0.218 (3/17/05)

1. NEW: Integrated Theater View options into the main program options.
2. NEW: Added Theater View option to configure the text shown for a file.
3. NEW: Service Manager includes updated Audible service with integrated downloading. (Hide / Install the service in Service Manager to update from an older version)
4. Fixed: Expression evaluator would incorrectly detect circular references in some cases.
5. NEW: Revised Theater View's Playing Now view to work more like Standard View. (i.e. display is larger, controls are available, etc.)
6. NEW: Added Theater View option to allow left / right arrows to go into and out of pages.
7. Changed: Pressing 'Left' when in a menu will cancel the menu. (useful in Theater View)
8. NEW: Added "Jump on play" setting for Theater View, defaults to showing Playing Now when starting playback.
9. Fixed: TiVo Server was using the wrong options dialog.
10. Fixed: When clicking next right after a track finished, the play count could get incremented for both tracks.
11. Fixed: Customize Current View > Remove Column would remove two columns instead of one.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Support for ATI HDTV card
Support for Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150
Full support for the Audible Store as a Service Plug-in
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marketability

• World Citizen
  • eat!
Re: Media Center 11.0.221 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 02:25:31 pm »

MASSIVE improvement in views speed and in response to netremote - thanks guys!

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 03:03:56 pm »

very nice speed with this build  :D
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:20:08 pm »

Could you please, please add this ISEMPTY function also to the renaming file from tags option? Or is there any other possibility to ask for empty fields?

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 04:02:01 pm »

Toolbar tooltip balloon for Mini View still says (Escape) for hot-key and should say (Ctrl+2) as the View menu says.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 04:16:40 pm »

Toolbar tooltip balloon for Mini View still says (Escape) for hot-key and should say (Ctrl+2) as the View menu says.

What skin?  I think it may be hard coded in the main.xml for that skin.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2005, 04:38:55 pm »

Updated at 4:38 CST to fix Track Info pages not showing up.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 04:59:54 pm »

What skin?  I think it may be hard coded in the main.xml for that skin.

Opus MC Blue.  Happens with stock ThunderStorm as well.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 05:05:09 pm »

Updated at 4:38 CST to fix Track Info pages not showing up.

Can't download now (again)...file is missing on your FTP server.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2005, 05:54:18 pm »

Apply a change to the Custom Text of a View Scheme,
Click "Save This View - For This Location"
the changes are never-the-less applied to all sub-locations.

If a child view isn't explicitly customized, it'll use its parent's configuration.

This is by design.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2005, 09:04:56 pm »

The children were customized by having previously used "Save for This Location and Sub-Locations"
Then I went back and re-customized the Parent and saved it only.  This saved me from having to customize each child individually.
At least I had thought it would.

I've noticed this as well (when I was rebuilding all my Customize View settings for the second time this week).  It behaves as though when you set the "Save for this Location and Sub-Locations" it doesn't actually apply those changes to the child views, but just sets a pointer on them to look back to the parent for their settings.

Weird as it may seem, I often want to customize my views just as LisaRCT described.  For example, I like the "Parent" Audio View Scheme to sort by Date Imported (Z-A), but most of the children to sort in a more standard Artist/Album/Disc#/Track#/Name manner.  As it is, you have to manually apply the Customize View to each of the child views, because LisaRCT's method doesn't work.

PS.  I still haven't installed .221 (since it isn't available right now) so I don't know yet if it's going to nuke my Customize View settings.  I really hope not...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2005, 01:29:12 am »

*CUE FILE ISSUES*

- MC complains it can't tag CUE tracks when update tags on file changes is ticked. It should update the CUE files (text) directly.

- If an album with imported+analysed CUE tracks is moved (within MC) after import MC loses the address of those imported CUE tracks. Think about this, its lost the cue traks, a fix of broken links removes these items.. A move is a basic operation, MC should not be droping the ball on this.

JONCAT

Media Center 11 DSP BUG
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2005, 01:47:09 am »

Media Center 11 DSP BUG:

192kHz/32bit playback ...CPU hovers at 60%

MC10 same playback hovers at 0% w/ spikes up to 12 every three seconds.

Wavelab playback @32/192 has very low cpu usage as well.

This seems to make MC11 rather sluggish for me and hurts ASIO buffering and performance; it's working just took more tweaking than usual and I am still getting some pauses before crossfades now & then.

Cue sheets have also been a problem; won't tag and it also imports the image files as a whole; do we have to remove these manually or should MC being understaing these are what the cue sheets tracks "are".

thanks
JC

Specs below.

Media Center Registered 11.0.216 -- D:\Media Center11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 2296 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 214 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive G: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:9  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JONCAT

MC11 windowed mode/minimize error
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2005, 01:54:01 am »

When using MC11 in Windowed Mode if you choose the Exit Windowed Mode icon, and have MC11 set to minmize to the systray.

You can't get it back up by double click, right click, or Task Manager. It only shows as a process, and only option is to close and re-open.

tnks,
JC

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2005, 02:42:05 am »

A minor buglet:

Just upgraded from 220 to 221 late last night.  This morning I looked at my 'Most Played' smartlist and noticed that many of, but not all, my tracks 'times played' tag field has doubled....

I am now worried that other tags have been changed and wonder why...

Mark

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2005, 06:22:45 am »

I have File Location for Ripping/Importing set to the usual Artist/Album but with build 220 the files have been going to Artist_Album so I'm getting 2 folders called - say - Baby Washington.

A small point I know but my new files are now out of synch....

John

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2005, 08:13:57 am »

::) gratulations to build 221, in my opinion a real perfomance rocket.  ;D and now a little bug:  ? ive created myself a smartlist with database filter (no jpg bmp or tif). but the filter isnt working. artist filter, album filter, genre filter, everyone work, but the filetype filter doesn
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2005, 11:02:01 am »

I have the same problem JoeDDS (and many others) have already reported: All zones come out on outputs 1 & 2, regardless of the fact that I have mapped them correctly.  I have tested with two different sound cards with same results for both.  This used to work fine with MC10 and my ASIO-based Delta 1010.  Unfortunately my Delta 1010 broke, so I cannot test MC11 with it.  Neither of the new cards support ASIO, but I have tested with both DirectSound and WaveOut.

ScottCocoaBeach

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2005, 11:31:01 am »

Please see my thread in handhelds titled:

Archos Gmini 400 and MC11 - So Close!

Thanks,

Pages: [1]   Go Up