INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a complicated smartlist question..  (Read 2104 times)

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
a complicated smartlist question..
« on: March 28, 2005, 05:46:11 am »

hi guys (and smartlist Guru's  ;D)

Let me start by saying that I have no idea if this smartlist can be done at all  ;D.

I have a field i created (albums 2 listen) with 3 values: "1" ,"n" and "e". "1" is for good albums "n" is for need to listen to albums and "e" for elite albums. i also have all my music library tagged and rated. i want to make a smartlist that will generate a list (which i will view with album thumbs in details) that will give me 5 random albums which are either "1" or "e", 2 albums with have "n" in the tags and then the rest 3 albums would be comprised of 10 songs each with random 3 star ratings! Am i insane or could this be done? id appriciate any help i can get.

thanks alot in advance

Zeltak  8)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: a very, vey complicated smartlist question..
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 07:57:23 am »

It's simpler if you break it down into seprate tasks and then combine at the end.

4 smartlists to be made
- get one random album that is either rated "1" or "e".
- get 2 random albums rated "n"

..the rest 3 albums would be comprised of 10 songs each with random 3 star ratings!
- get  at least 10 tracks of rating 3 from (3 random albums) ??
 -  (3 random albums) = another smartlist to generate 3 random albums that dont have "n" or "1" or "e" rating.

then a 4th smartlist that includes ouput of smarlists 1 to 3 earlier. This will be the list you click on.

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 10:53:58 am »

thx alot for the reply hit_ny!

do you mind pasting an example of the smart list formulas? i am very bad at doing that. also do you mean that i combine the 4 smartlist into one at the end? i didnt quite understand it.

thx again

Zeltak

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 12:10:04 pm »

- [playlist 1] get one random album that is either rated "1" or "e".
[Media Type]=[Audio]  [albums 2 listen]=1 or [albums 2 listen]=e ~n=1 ~a

- [playlist 2] get 2 random albums rated "n"
[media type]=[audio] ~sort=[Random] ~n=2 ~a ~sort=[Album] [albums 2 listen]=n

- [playlist 3] - get 3 random albums that dont have "n" or "1" or "e"

[media type]=[audio] ~sort=[Random] ~n=3 ~a ~sort=[Album] [albums 2 listen]=empty [Rating]==3

then a 4th smartlist that includes ouput of smarlists 1 to 3 earlier. This will be the list you click on.
[playlist 4] =  [playlist 1]  [playlist 2]  [playlist 3]

i cant figure out the "albums would be comprised of 10 songs each with random 3 star ratings!"

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
Re: a complicated smartlist question..
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 01:37:37 pm »

thx once again hit_ny!

you trully are a smartlist Wizard  8)

what i mean by "albums would be comprised of 10 songs each with random 3 star ratings!" is i want the smarlist (if possible) to create artifical albums (or just a playlist) of 3 4 and 5 star tracks. so for example i would get a artifical album (or playlist) of 10 songs randomy that must have at least 3 stars. would love to know if this can be done. one last thing, i still dont understand how to combine the first 3 to one last playlist... do i just paste this >  [playlist 4] =  [playlist 1]  [playlist 2]  [playlist 3] ? i named them like you wrote (playlist 1 etc...). sorry for the naggin'  ;D

thx again

Zeltak

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 01:59:59 pm »

- [playlist 3] - get 3 random albums that dont have "n" or "1" or "e"
[media type]=[audio] ~sort=[Random] ~n=3 ~a ~sort=[Album] [albums 2 listen]=empty

- [playlist 3.5] - pick 10 tracks from those 3 random albums that are 3 stars or more
[playlist 3] and [Rating]=>=3 ~n=10

- final playlist
[playlist 4] =  [playlist 1]  [playlist 2]  [playlist 3.5]

zeltak

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 03:11:35 pm »

thx  ;D

everything is working great!! just one last question, is it possible to gather all the files in the playlist 3.5 to one virtual album in the album thumbnail view ?

thx for all your help and patience

zeltak

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2005, 03:20:05 am »

thx  ;D

everything is working great!! just one last question, is it possible to gather all the files in the playlist 3.5 to one virtual album in the album thumbnail view ?

thx for all your help and patience

zeltak

No, because album thumbnails depends on the Album Name...so there will be a thumbnail for each unique album.

Even if it were possible which of the random 3 album thumbnails would you prefer to display ?

The concept of a virtual album does not exist in v11,  they might introduce it in v12, it's been requested already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up