INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer Folder Structures and Thumbnails for Nomads  (Read 993 times)

joshhuggins

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Transfer Folder Structures and Thumbnails for Nomads
« on: March 29, 2005, 02:33:55 pm »

Let me set the scene.  I have about 18 gigs of music on my home system.  I have the files in a directory structure C:\My Documents\My Music\Artist\Album\song.mp3 or thumbnail.jpg. I have downloaded the thumbnail pics from the net have the thumbnails not stored in the fields. I like seeing the thumbnails in Windows Explorer and other apps. I do most of my ripping/tagging  at home and like to update my work system often, but the Nomad does not support folder structures for mp3 files, just data files & folders.  So my solution is a little app that can be downloaded from my website (see link below) the all you have to do is set the input extension to mp3 and the output extension to txt, drag your "My Music" folder over the applicaion and let it go.  It will change all of your mp3 files to text files. Now you can transfer the "My Music" folder to your Nomad, it will take all of you subfolders, jpegs, and txt files and keep all the paths (there may be a limit to the depth of the directory structure though). I delete my existing "My Music" folder and dump the "My Music" folder from the Nomad back into My Documents at work, and when it's finished I re-run the Extension program, change the input extension type to txt and the output extension to mp3, drag and drop the new "My Music" folder, and it converts all of the extensions back to mp3s.  now I just run the import media in Media center and everthing is good to go.  I hope this helps the other noobs like me out there, as I was looking for a way to do this for a while.

Download the Extension Changer below...
www.hugginsfam.com/dd/apps
Thanks!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transfer Folder Structures and Thumbnails for Nomads
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 04:36:26 pm »

Thanks for the tip.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up